1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Upton Revolution Solo P/U

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by TroyK, Jul 20, 2005.

1. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    It was on my bass for a day. It just wasn't for me. I carefully sanded it using a piece of marble block down to the width of 3 pennies. Check the slot in your bridge wing on the E-Side to make sure that it is not larger than that.

I'll include all of the original packaging and paperwork. The pickup is in perfect shape. It's not a bad pickup. I just don't really like pickups that much. I think it would be best used with a preamp of somekind, but it probably depends somewhat on your set up and preferences.

Upton sells them for $99 + shipping, how about $85 and I'll take care of shipping to the lower 48? I'll guarentee full refund at your shipping expense if not as advertized, but I wouldn't risk my reputation and good standing on this board for $85, so buy with confidence.

Troy

2. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Lemme go check my bridge, be right back...3 pennies eh?

3. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    I have waay more gap than that...sorry, I'd like one of those!

4. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    Just an idea: you could chim the thing with a sax reed or something...

5. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    I'll measure it again, it could have been 4 pennies, but I'm thinking it was 3.

Anyone else?

Troy

6. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    I have my bassmax in there like that. I know it's done commonly, but I can't help but think it might cause you "to lose something." Maybe not, I'm no expert by any means. I'll try to mic my airgap tonight and give you a definative number. If it'll work, I'd sure like it;)