1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Upton Revolution Solo P/U

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by TroyK, Jul 20, 2005.

1. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    It was on my bass for a day. It just wasn't for me. I carefully sanded it using a piece of marble block down to the width of 3 pennies. Check the slot in your bridge wing on the E-Side to make sure that it is not larger than that.

I'll include all of the original packaging and paperwork. The pickup is in perfect shape. It's not a bad pickup. I just don't really like pickups that much. I think it would be best used with a preamp of somekind, but it probably depends somewhat on your set up and preferences.

Upton sells them for $99 + shipping, how about $85 and I'll take care of shipping to the lower 48? I'll guarentee full refund at your shipping expense if not as advertized, but I wouldn't risk my reputation and good standing on this board for $85, so buy with confidence.

Troy

2. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Lemme go check my bridge, be right back...3 pennies eh?

3. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    I have waay more gap than that...sorry, I'd like one of those!

4. Just an idea: you could chim the thing with a sax reed or something...

5. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    I'll measure it again, it could have been 4 pennies, but I'm thinking it was 3.

Anyone else?

Troy

6. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    I have my bassmax in there like that. I know it's done commonly, but I can't help but think it might cause you "to lose something." Maybe not, I'm no expert by any means. I'll try to mic my airgap tonight and give you a definative number. If it'll work, I'd sure like it;)