urb_munki's interview with Victor Wooten

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Aaron Saunders, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    I think this really does bear posting again -- http://www.munkio.com/music/victor_wooten.html -- because frankly, there are a lot of great things in the interview. I listen to this every once and a while, all the way through, because Vic has some great thigns to say. One of the best interviews I've ever...absorbed into my conciousness (eg, better than a lot of the ones I've read, seen, or heard from other people.)

Definitely check it out! Also, don't forget to check out munki's own music -- he's posted 'em as he makes them, but it's nice to have them all in one place so you don't have to search all over the Recordings forum (and the technique forum, for the DT lesson videos.)
  2. Aw shucks - thanks GT.

Funny thing is when I'd done the interview I didn't get a chance to add it to the music website I used to work for so I had it on file for a few months. I then had the idea of shoving it one my website, then adding a few of Vic's best tracks in the background - I guess it came out well. Getting to post on Talk Bass, big thanks to Paul as ever, was a real blessing - I was very lucky to hang with Vic - we even went shopping around Camden in North London - the gig that night was just amazing.

I really hope to get over to Vic's Bass Camp one year - in the meantime check this out :smug: