Urgant ansa required

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PwX-Steve, Aug 24, 2001.

1. Hey guys,
    look my mate plays guitar and his about to come up and play with me on drums. anyway i want to know if its ok if he plugs his line out on his marshall guitar amp into my pwr amp in on my bass amp. the spaeker is a 15" cruddy black widow and the bass amp is a peavey tnt 115. will this cause any damage to the speaker seeing that we are also using the speaker on my bass amp.

here are the specs of my amp and his

my amp:
    peavey tnt115, black widow 15" bass speaker, 150watts, 4 ohms

his amp
    marhshall 30watts.

thats all i know hehee.
    but i do know he has a line out
    we have done it before and it made it louder (not in watts) and it made it easier with the drums but we didnt do it for long because i thought it may damage my amp, but yeh if it wont say so!!!

2. Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    I'd say that the setup that your guitarist has should be enough to go over the drums. I frequently practiced in a punk band with a drummer and guitarist with a 100 watt PA head, and a single 15 (black widow) cab. The guitarist had a little 30 watt combo and we could hear eachother just fine. Now as for gigging, you'd definately have to get a mic'd setup.

As for the power amp question, I don't know, but there are certainly enough people on this forum with the information you need, so just be patient.
  3. That should work fine. You could even plug it into the normal input if you wanted.