1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Urge Bass (short scale)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pep, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Pep

Pep Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    Well guys, I'm finally reaching the point in my career where the hands just don't stretch like they used to. I've slowed a bit and with small hands to begin with I'm having some difficulties.
    I tried a 30" Jaguar and Mustang basses but the scale was actually a bit too short. I believe a Stu Hamm Urge (32" scale) would probably do the trick but they are hard to come by. Since this is going to be a "player" bass & not a collector, I'm open to the Mexican version as well.
    I found 2 of them for $450 but the sellers won't ship. Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

2. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone Banned

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    A 32" would technically be categorized as a medium scale bass and not a short scale.

And sorry, can't be of any help, am not familiar with that bass you are speaking of.

But good luck with finding one any way :)

3. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
  4. Pep

Pep Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    Great news. I found an Urge MIM in white with black pickguard. Should have by the end of the week.
    Thanks for the help

BassHappy likes this.