1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED: Ampeg VS. Orange

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StudioLogos, Mar 26, 2009.

1. mattq

mattq

May 23, 2006
    Santa Cruz, CA
    i feel like that's irrelevant given the circumstances. my 200 watt tube traynor would destroy other amps at 5 times the rating. the orange is supposedly a LOUD amp and we all know how ampeg is very liberal with their wattage ratings anyway. i'd be willing to put money down that the orange would be louder than an svt4

2. bassforce

bassforce Guest

Feb 7, 2007
    orange.

[​IMG]

;)

3. sedan_dad

sedan_dad

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    Orange.

4. Bassmec

Bassmec

May 9, 2008
    Ipswich UK
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    Orange goodness.:ninja:

5. StudioLogos

StudioLogos

Mar 26, 2009
    San Diego
    I got convinced, I went ahead and tried the "Ampeg SVT 4 PRO" ($750 dlls) for about 2 hours, and it sure is a delicious amp, and then I went to try out the "Orange AD200 MK3" ($950 dlls) for about 10 minutes and my decision was made.... ORANGE ALLLLLLL THE WAY. I tried it out with the same speaker cab and bass (GK 4X10 Goldline, Fender Jazz USA). There was something about the Orange than just sounded sooooo right, the tone, the fullnes ...... etc.... Thnaks

6. Glad you made the right decision. ;)

7. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    :eek: Congrats on not only making a great choice between amps, but getting a screaming deal! I've never seen one go for less than $1200 or so before.

8. Awesome deal. Was it new or s/hand?!

You will love that amp. Sure its simple, but its got endless tone without any messing about. With other heads ive been fiddling for ages for the right sound, esp the hybrid heads. With this, straight in, no fiddling. Awesome!

Welcome to the world of Orange. Expect your GAS to increase for an Orange 8x10