1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Urgent Help With Double Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Racsen, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Racsen

Racsen

Dec 6, 2003
    Turkey
  2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I don't think there's any way to avoid "scratches" on a Double Bass and these are in some sense inevitable...

But I wonder if we're talking about the same thing - do you actually mean the wood has split? Or cracked?

Anyway - $600 sounds like a huge bargain to me !! If you had said 6 thousand then you might have had a case for returning it...;)

3. Racsen

Racsen

Dec 6, 2003
    Turkey
    I dont have double bass now My friend took it for me and sent me photos I think there is no wood splits that's what I understand from photos.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I would wait for opinions from some of our American friends(asleep now!), who know more about this - but I still think $600 is very cheap for any DB!!

5. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    I'd pay $600 for that, even if I had to put another $600 in it in repairs....

6. Racsen

Racsen

Dec 6, 2003
    Turkey
    I talked with a luthier and he said he can fix it and it wont cost too much to me and he said this cracks cause a problem in 10 years or willnot cause any problem.

I think I can buy with contentment :)