1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Urgent !! Need Help ASAP With Children of The Revolution !!

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Stingray_EB, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Hey guys, i'm really starting to panic i have a gig in less than a week and i still can't figure the fills in the verses of Children of The Revolution (T-REX) i aint the best at improvising so it just sounds wrong and emtpy. Does anyone have experience playing this song or no the bass line accuratly ?
    Thanks

2. bump

3. I'll try and figure it out for you after work this evening...

4. lunarpollen, you my friend may have just saved my skin. Thanks bud

5. I'm finally getting around to listening to it now.... So you figured out the fills in the choruses??? They seem to be just as busy as the verses, to my ears at least. But I guess maybe they are the same bass line each time? I don't know...

It sounds like almost all of the stuff in the verses is centered around the E note at the 7th fret of the A string....

The core of it of course is that main riff on the A string played on the 7th fret (E - the green dot) and 5th fret (D - the blue dot to the left of it), with the second-to-last note of the riff on the D string, 5th fret (G - the blue dot on the adjacent string).

It doesn't sound like Steve is playing the same parts/fills each time during the verses; he seems to be improvising around it... but he is playing on only a few specific frets 99% of the time (the green and blue and purple dots), but always anchored around that A-string 7th fret E note (green dot). He seems to be playing more of the higher notes indicated by the purple dots and occasionally hits those two lower ones on the E string, and may play the open E string once or twice during the song for a quick note. If you stick to ONLY the nine notes indicated by the colored dots (i.e., just those ones on the 5th, 7th, and 9th frets, and NONE of the notes in between them [6th and 8th frets]), and maybe hit an open E string once or twice, you should be safe. Mess around with it for a while... I'm no good at improvising much, but when there is only one chord and just a handful of notes choices to pick from, it's not too difficult to make it sound nice...

I hope this helps even a little bit; as you can probably tell, I'm not an expert, I pretty much play by ear.

Children.

6. lunarpollen, you have outdone yourself my friend still got two days and ive nailed it, so i think lol And all of it thanks to you bud.
    Thanks

7. Wow, I'm thrilled that I could help!