1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

URGENT warwick owners help needed

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by katri, Apr 24, 2006.

1. the just-a-nut 2 on my corvette standard has broken and neesd relacing. i was wondering if i should replace it with the original brass just-a-nut or the just-a-nut2. because the just-a-nut 1 seems like it would be more durable and also i dont need to constantly change the string heights.
    so which would you recommend???
    dan

2. mactac

mactac Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    i have had both & I like the 1 much better. one of my basses has a #2 & it broke :oops:

3. brandonwong

brandonwong

Dec 16, 2003
    Warwick claims you can adjust it version 2 while strings are wound up but it broke on mine. version 1 is much better and since its brass very tough and IMO a better match with the brass frets.

4. maxbass

maxbass

May 22, 2002
    Milano Italy
    I dont' know the difference in price, but I would buy the I for sure! ;)

5. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Netherlands
    Old thread I know...

Once a tech guy knocked my Warwick out of its stand on stage. It broke the just-a-nut2... He wanted to pay to have it fixed but Warwick were so kind to send me a new just-a-nut (original brass version) for free and my local shop installed it for free. I like the brass version better, seems way more durable to me. And its not like I'm changing string height everyday... Only gripe I have is the height adjustment is more precise on the just-a-nut2. Oh and I have to be carfull not to accidentaly change the string height when changing strings...