1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

urgent --- what do we think of this bass???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jamesbenario, Apr 20, 2010.

1. jamesbenario

jamesbenario

Aug 30, 2007
    london
  2. musicbikeman

musicbikeman

Aug 10, 2009
    Michigan
    MIM is good stuff.

3. becker4567

becker4567

Jul 26, 2008
    Nice! Like the looks and I'm a huge fan of PJ's.

4. The thing looks sweet! I dunno about playability but Fenders are usually good.

5. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Seems like an OK deal...I don't think you have to JUMP on it because deals pop up everywhere as good as this one - but depending where you're from, that may not come as easily for you.

If you like it, buy it!

6. jamesbenario

jamesbenario

Aug 30, 2007
    london
    that's exactly it, i am really looking for a P Bass Special and this is near me ...

7. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

I had one, a 2006 anniversary model. It was an awesome bass. Felt really good, sounded great and was capable of some varied tones. I paid about $550US for it in mint condition used. I hated the gold anodized pickguard though.

8. IMO, bidding has ended on this item. :)
    IME, MIM's are nice.

9. EdHunter

EdHunter

Jan 14, 2010
    Dublin
    My black one was about £500 new, and is quite simply the best bass on the planet. I don't care what Mr. Boutique-One-Off-Made-From-Wood-That-Doesn't-Grow-Anymore-And-Has-Pickups-Made-From-Myrhh has to say about this, a MIM Active P will beat the **** out of anything for quality, sound, playability and looks (except a Thunderbird on the last one).

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    So did you get it?

11. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    Nice bass, I hope you got lucky.

G

12. Raw N Low

Raw N Low If I can't hear it, hopefully I'll feel it Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    Here is a pic of my blizzard pearl MIM. This is one of my most coveted basses. I say they are really underrated.

Photo0552-2.

Photo0550-1.

13. gttim

gttim

Dec 12, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    I bought that very bass, a 2004 MIM on Ebay for $339 American- Red, gig bag act... Most were going for a little over $500, but I found out that if you bid on a Friday evening....

4488719900_4bd6b8de67_b.

14. Raw N Low

Raw N Low If I can't hear it, hopefully I'll feel it Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    Nice bass. I would have loved to have had my white one with a maple fret board. If I ever run across one...

15. gttim

gttim

Dec 12, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    The more I see maple fret boards, the nicer they look. White or Blizzard with maple is real sharp. I was playing a Blizzard one at GC, goofing off. That would have been my second color choice.