1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Urgently Need help p bass j bass hybrid wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by danayres805, Aug 29, 2007.

1. danayres805

danayres805

Aug 29, 2007
    Guys, I have searched everywhere, and I hope someone can send me a link to a site, or a thread that addresses this. I am rebuilding an old Rogue Bass four string for a friend of mine. He is in a band, and needs it done. He gave me a set of EMG selects that are one P bass and One J bass pickup. THe bass has four pot holes, and I bought four 250 k pots to replace them. However I have not been able to find ANYTHING that gives me a diagram to wire this thing up, and have two tones/ two volumes.

Thanks for all your help.

Dan:eyebrow:

2. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Line™ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
  3. danayres805

danayres805

Aug 29, 2007
  4. Rodent

Dec 20, 2004
    exactly - in the linked diagram each stacked pot is really two pots in one ... a volume on the top and a tone on the bottom. it is easy to determine which is the tone because it contains a cap. when you look at one of the stacked pots, understand that one row of tabs is a volume and the other row is a tone ... pull the diagram apart and you can see how to wire the same circuit with four individual pots instead of two stacked pots

all the best,

R

5. danayres805

danayres805

Aug 29, 2007
    Thank You very much. I can wire a guitar up in ten minutes, but I have been stuck on this for a while. Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it!!

Dan:bassist:

6. Rodent

Dec 20, 2004
    this Rickenbaker diagram could also help you visualize the circuit

http://www.rickenbacker.com/pdfs/19501.pdf

it uses a pair of .047uf tone caps instead of a .047uf cap for the neck pickup and a .022uf cap for the bridge pickup

all the best,

R

7. danayres805

danayres805

Aug 29, 2007
    The LAst schematic is even better.

Thanks A million!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. danayres805

danayres805

Aug 29, 2007
    OK, now that I am sitting down trying to solder this, I am really confused. The Ricenbacker schematic has a switch in play, so that is pretty much out. I understand that the fender diagram is just stacked, but I am having a hard time understanding what wires go where since they are so close together on the diagram. I can not tell which one is soldered to the body of which pot. That;s where I am confused. I have searched everywhere, and seymour duncan has the easiest most self explanetory diagrams available, and they dont have one of a hybrid with 2 tones, and 2 volumes, neither does EMG, or anywhere else I have googed, and searched.