1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Uriah duffy

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by gimmeagig, Jan 20, 2012.

1. I just found out about this guy from his version of the Dirty Loops tune.I want to hear more of him.
    I understand that he played with Whitesnake.
    What are some recordings that he is on?

2. dannoman

dannoman Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2004
    He played on the Bad to Be good CD only with whitesnake. There is also a Live disc thats included with it. Uriah is an amazing talent..

3. Bad to be good...I'll check it out.I listened to a couple of their live CDs and the sound was really terrible. Nonstop crowd noise and a really bland washed out kind of a mix.

4. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
  5. I checked it out. Whitesnake, Lyrics Born,The Memorials... all very different, none of is seems to reveal any kind of identity on Uriah's part. It certainly doesn't seem that his considerable skills as a player are needed for any of that stuff. Too bad, I wish there was something different out there with him on it.

6. dannoman

dannoman Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2004
    He was also with a Death Metal group called Flametal...

Well, not sure if Death Metal is the correct term.....

7. Udawwgy

Udawwgy

Dec 5, 2006

So Hello! I can finally respond to this...
    I have a band that has just released their 2nd album; their first with ME on it. And I managed to write a lions share as well as sneak in a bunch of my goodies, while keeping the songs true and great. The band is Points North and tomorrow we celebrate with a big party- 4 bands- right here where I live in Oakland California. I play a poopie ton of gigs for artists worldwide, but this one is different because of the writing thing. The band gets standing ovations when we open for acts like Steve Morse and the Winery Dogs. It's hard out here these days, but we all gotta keep making music regardless. So here I am, sharing with you this new stuff. I hope you dig it. Our video single is gaining a ton of traction for a 3 piece instrumental band. Proggy, but short songs. 50% females on our social media. Proficiency without wanking. So we're "Anti-Prog".

I'll try to post the video link below, but if it doesn't, just search "Points North Ignition". Hope you dig!
    -Uriah

And the party link:

[​IMG]

PointsNorth_banner.

marmadaddy and GregC like this.
  8. That's very cool. A serious power trio! Do you guys have vocals or is it purely instrumental?