1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Uriah Heep - The Wizard

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Blister, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Blister

Blister

Mar 5, 2008
    Anyone have the bass tablature for this song?

2. Illbay

Illbay

Jan 15, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    If you can't get it by this next week, and I have time, I'll transcribe it for you. I'm trying to do a lot of that these days, to help my ear.

3. sedan_dad

sedan_dad Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    Gary Thain kicks.

4. Illbay

Illbay

Jan 15, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    1) They were the first "hard rock" (as opposed to strictly heavy metal - Black Sabbath - or blues-rock - Led Zeppelin) that I got into as a lad.

2) My favorite album of theirs was one that scarcely anyone mentions or remembers: Salisbury. The feel was really more "heavy" than "hard," and there was a great deal of very good songwriting there. Again, from the perspective of a 15-year-old who's now 50.

3) I very much enjoyed reading the album liner notes by Ken Hensley, the keyboardist. I was endowed with above-average intelligence, and so actually liked to THINK about the music I was listening to, even as a kid. Hensley wrote a blurb about every song, sometimes a paragraph, sometimes an extended essay on what the song meant, analysis of its structure, etc.

I've really never seen another rock musician do this. He seemed to assume that his audience had brains. Nice.

5. Illbay

Illbay

Jan 15, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I'm working on this now. It's actually not a very complicated song. I'll post the PDF for you here when I'm done, 'kay?

6. Blister

Blister

Mar 5, 2008
    I searched a ton of sites and guess where I found the tabs? The official Urial Heep homepage has alot of bass and guitar tabs for their songs - Who would have known - I've never seen a band do this before www.uriah-heep.com - I appreciate your willingness to tab out this song and hope you did'nt spend alot of time before this was posted - I really did look a long time before posting

7. ack

ack Why Can't We All Get Along?

Nov 19, 2006
    Somewhere near Raleigh
    Thanks for posting this link. Awesome stuff.
    Heep rocks.