1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

URL Links to my store

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help' started by meclazine, Sep 15, 2018.

1. meclazine

meclazine

Jul 23, 2013
    Before I go to a supporting member, can I include a link to my business website for the bass I wish to sell?

Example of what I do over at the Gear Page:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/vintage-electric-guitars.1969320/

I would like to do the same here and put up, say 10 vintage basses. I have a couple of L-series basses that the community would like to look at regardless.

Just checking to make sure outbound URL's are OK before I begin posting up gear.

2. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks for asking first. You need to review the Talkbass Commercial Users Policy.

As a TB Commercial User, you can include a single link to your business in your signature, but not multiple.

But as a dealer, you cannot put your inventory for sale in the TB classifieds. Your listings go in the Bazaar instead. Per the policy I linked:

"2) Commercial Users who operate as dealers of used equipment, where buying/selling is purely for profit, cannot use the TalkBass Classifieds to advertise items for sale and must instead purchase a subscription to the TalkBass Bazaar. There are no exceptions to this.

Commercial Users who are owners / employees of musical equipment manufacturers / distributors / retailers may not use the TalkBass Classifieds to advertise items for sale, unless prior permission is granted when one of the following is true:
    1. You are a manufacturer of musical equipment, and the item in question is not made by your company or a subsidiary. For example, you work for Fender and are selling a Lakland bass.
    2. You are a distributor / retailer of goods, and the item in question is not one your company / division usually handles. For example, you work for Guitar Center and are selling an early 80s Aria bass."

Bob Clayton likes this.