US 62 Reissue Jazz Body (made in 92)- Neck Recomendations

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by sylvanbass, Feb 28, 2018.

1. sylvanbass

sylvanbass Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Kingston Springs TN
    I bought a very nice candy apple red US 62 Jazz Reissue body from the Stratosphere a couple of months ago that is stunning, and the pickups sound great. I have a neck from a 69/70 jazz I thought I would try it out on, but I don't think its quite compatible. There is a gap between the neck and body and its not a snug fit. Strung it up and tuned it and it sounded great and played just fine, even staying in tune. I did a gig with a band where they tuned a half-step down, and not so much. Any who, I'm looking for recommendations on a good place to get a neck for this body. An actual US 62 reissue replacement neck is seemingly hard to find, and the guy at Stratosphere said a MIJ wouldn't work either.

I hope this is in the right place. I was unsure whether to put it here or in the Bass forum.

2. sylvanbass

sylvanbass Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Kingston Springs TN
    Ok, looks like I found my answer after all lol! Turns out this is a Japan body, with US pickups in it. Now knowing that, I'll just get a CIJ neck for it!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021