1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

US BBE Bmax in the UK, voltage conversion help.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Paulotron, Jun 30, 2005.

  1. Paulotron


    Jun 5, 2005
    Hey all, have the 120v US BBE Bmax which will now be used in the UK, 240v. I assume it wont work to just run it through a shaving converter, but the last US to UK voltage converter i bought nearly torched my house. Anyone converted this successfully? Did I just get a bad converter?

    Thanks in advance.
  2. disssa


    May 6, 2009
    No answer?
  3. tom-g


    Oct 2, 2007
    A shaving converter will mostly likely not work. Check how many watts the BBE requires and get a converter with higher wattage. I have done this for many years and never had a problem.

    Edit: other devices not with a BBE.
  4. gumtown


    May 7, 2007
    New Zealand
    You need a proper stepdown transformer, somewhere around 25~50 watts.
  5. dincz


    Sep 25, 2010
    Czech Republic
    According to the manual, power consumption is only 8 watts.
  6. spankdaplank


    Jan 19, 2003
    I recently moved from the USA to the Philippines (220v). In the course of moving I converted a BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer to 220v. This required changing the power transformer. There was some simple soldering involved and of course opening the case. BBE supplied the correct transformer NO CHARGE. Another time they also supplied a new battery box for one of their pedals I had no charge. So Iwould suggest contacting them.
    I also have a high quality 220v to 120v transformer for the equipment I didn't convert. It was a worthwhile investment.
  7. disssa


    May 6, 2009
    I wrote to Plitron:

    They answered quickly:

    As you can see from the transformer product label, transformer input is 2 x (0-100-120)VAC and you can re-wire it (in series) for 220V or 240V input.

    Input 1: 0-100-120 (BLK-GRY-ORN)

    Input 2: 0-100-120 (BRN-VIO-WHT)

    You may also contact BBE Sound about conversion from 120V to 230V.

    I wrote to BBE, but got no answer...


Share This Page