US Curbow 6 string neck w/tuners

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by bassmonkeee, Jun 24, 2004.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I've got a really nice US Curbow 6 string neck that I'm not using that I need to get rid of so I can get a different Curbow refinished.

It's a beautiful neck, but I don't need any more projects at the moment...

The specs are as follows:

Purpleheart neck
    Ebony fretboard
    Abalone fret dots
    24 frets on B string slanting up to 26 frets on the C string side.
    Brass inserts for neck screws
    Dual trussrods

Includes chrome Sperzel locking tuners

The neck had a crack that was repaired by Curbow, and you can't feel it when you play it, and you can only barely see it. I used it for 2 years without a single problem of any kind.

This is a custom, handbuilt neck and would be perfect for someone who wants to make their own body. My plan was to get a Warmoth 5 string Jazz body for it and make a 6 string Jazz bass. When I had it on my old 6 string Curbow, it had 18mm spacing at the bridge, so it isn't as wide as some 6 string necks.

As I said, I simply have too many projects right now, and I want to get the basses that I'm using in shape. Otherwise, this neck would continue to live at my jouse until I found time/resources to fix it up.

I'm asking for $350 + shipping, and I'd prefer to keep it to the contiguous 48 states.

Pics will be posted when I get home.