1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

US Curbow 6 string neck w/tuners

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by bassmonkeee, Jun 24, 2004.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I've got a really nice US Curbow 6 string neck that I'm not using that I need to get rid of so I can get a different Curbow refinished.

It's a beautiful neck, but I don't need any more projects at the moment...

The specs are as follows:

Purpleheart neck
    Ebony fretboard
    Abalone fret dots
    24 frets on B string slanting up to 26 frets on the C string side.
    Brass inserts for neck screws
    Dual trussrods

Includes chrome Sperzel locking tuners

The neck had a crack that was repaired by Curbow, and you can't feel it when you play it, and you can only barely see it. I used it for 2 years without a single problem of any kind.

This is a custom, handbuilt neck and would be perfect for someone who wants to make their own body. My plan was to get a Warmoth 5 string Jazz body for it and make a 6 string Jazz bass. When I had it on my old 6 string Curbow, it had 18mm spacing at the bridge, so it isn't as wide as some 6 string necks.

As I said, I simply have too many projects right now, and I want to get the basses that I'm using in shape. Otherwise, this neck would continue to live at my jouse until I found time/resources to fix it up.

I'm asking for $350 + shipping, and I'd prefer to keep it to the contiguous 48 states.

Pics will be posted when I get home.