Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

US Fender '57 Precision RI - $900 or trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Giraffe, Aug 27, 2005.

1. For sale (or possibly trade) is a Fender American Vintage Re-Issue Precision Bass with a two-tone sunburst finish, maple fingerboard, and a gold anodized pickguard. This bass is stock except for a Seymour Duncan Hot Precision Bass pickup. Deep wide bottom, aggressive punch and growl, good even response. Overall condition is excellent. Frets show no wear. Very good fret job, very straight neck, and the truss rod works well if you want to adjust the relief. There is a small nick on the edge of the bass-side fingerboard between the first and second fret, and a few very light scratches on the back, but nothing serious or too obvious. A few minor nicks on the top of the headstock. Weighs about nine pounds according to my bathroom scale, but I don't know how accurate that is, and it doesn't feel that heavy. Comes with the chrome bridge and pickup covers (the screw holes for the bridge cover have been filled, but the cover can be re-installed if you wish), and a non-original SKB hard shell case.

Alder body
    Two-tone sunburst nitro lacquer finish
    One piece maple neck/fingerboard w. walnut "skunk stripe"
    1 3/4" at the nut
    2 5/16" at the twelfth fret
    String spacing at the bridge is a healthy 3/4" center to center
    Volume and tone controls

If you are interested send me an e:mail address and I will send you good pictures of the instrument. I don't have the software or the patience to figure out how to get the images in this post! You will have to cover the shipping, probably around $40 to $50. I would consider a trade plus or minus cash for a good integrated head (probably with a tube preamp) or an R Bass, something like that! Thank you!