1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD US G&L L-2000 (honeyburst ash/rw/jazz neck)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by craigb, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Hey Y'all,

I changed my mind on which L2K to sell. This one just edges my other one tonally but it's 9.something lbs and my other is 8.8 and my back much prefers the other. So even though I think this one looks and sounds slightly better (not that my other one is bad, just minutely different) the comfort/weight difference makes the decision for me.

A nice L2K that is an '00 with a 6-bolt neck. Weight is not bad at 9.something lbs (no 10+ boat anchor here, but I'm getting spoiled by lighter basses these days). Condition is pretty darn good - no major dings/gouges/issues, just normal minor wear that doesn't photograph.

It's the "swiss army knife" of basses with a boatload of tones available from the myriad of controls. The general gist of the tones are vintage-ey as opposed to modern with massive low end and great growl. It has both active and passive modes and the high/low eq work in both active and passive modes (the pickups are voiced with extra highs and lows and the eqs are passive cut-only).

The neck is a G&L #6 - their take on a vintage J neck with a width of 1.5" at the nut and 7.5" fretboard radius. It has a satin finish and this combo (#6 satin) is my favorite bass neck in the known universe (although I admit I haven't tried everything out there yet). It will ship in a gig bag.

$785 shipped in the contiguous 48, paypal OK

the only trade I'd be interested in is a G&L L-2000 with 1.5" nut width and weight under 9lbs

2. craigb

I'm really curious about the EBMM Big Al but I don't think anyone actually has one of those in-hand yet.

3. Flabass

Flabass

Aug 11, 2008
    St. Petersburg
    It's mine.

4. craigb

*** SOLD ***

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.