1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD US Lakland Decade w/Darkstars

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gotfunk21, Apr 13, 2015.

1. gotfunk21

gotfunk21 Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Price:
    $2250
    Strings:
    Ok, I thought I was gonna be safe this tax season, but I just found out how much I owe ..... soooo, unfortunately for me, I have to sell off another bass to satisfy the powers-that-be.

I picked this up pretty recently because I had been gassing for one for a long time. It's in fantastic shape, an easy 9+/10, and plays like any US Lakland does, but it sounds like a double dose of darkstar goodness. I'm a P bass guy right now, and this is really more of a trophy piece for me. I'd desperately love to keep it, but need the $$$. They're very rare. I believe only the first 50 decades had darkstars installed. This is a single digit serial number.

It has a matte black pickguard on it now, but also has a gold pickguard and a matching thumb rest that can be double-side taped on that one. I believe it's around 8.5-9lbs, and I can get an exact weight if it's important. Controls are stacked vol/tone (Like the Joe Osborn model) and to be honest, I'm not 100% sure what the switch does, but I believe it's a "deep" switch?

I'm asking $2250 paypal'd, shipped to the US.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  2. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    Sweet. Stupid taxes... Ugh

3. gotfunk21

Oct 1, 2005
    Portland, OR
    More pics.

Attached Files:

4. gotfunk21

Oct 1, 2005
    Portland, OR
    New pics added.

5. PatO

PatO

May 21, 2006
    Colchester VT
    gorgeous.

6. Low Main

Low Main Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Unfortunately, I'm in the same situation with the taxman myself. I used to go to the old Lakland sound clips page and listen to the various basses. I listened to all the clips of all of them. This was the axe that lifted me out of my seat. Far and away above all the others. It sounded like someone had sprinkled Dee Murray dust all over it.

PatO likes this.
  7. gotfunk21

Oct 1, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Actual weight from my postage scale is 8 lbs, 9 ounces

88fingers likes this.
  8. drums1977

drums1977

Mar 31, 2008
    Malaga
    Some one buy this bass, FFSake.

9. lpcarter

lpcarter Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Minneapolis, MN
    Oh my. I'd buy it back, if I could! It was more of a trophy piece for me as well, and a trophy it is indeed. Someone will be happy.

10. gotfunk21

Oct 1, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Up

11. gotfunk21

Oct 1, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Looks like this is SOLD pending payment...