Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

US Masters basses - What do you think of them?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Michael Jewels, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Has anybody played or own one? I recently noticed them at Musiciansfriend and they did get me interested. BTW, the EP5 is available at MF for $699, the same as the factory direct price.

I know everyone tries to portray their product in a good light, but, if these things sound as good as the hype, I think they'd be a pretty good playing/sounding bass.

http://www.usmasters.com/basspgs/ep4ep5.htm

I am curious. :)

Mike

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I might be mistaken, but didn't BC carry these at one time? Gardo?

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yeah, they did....i think gard has a fretted and fretless 6 stringers...

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I've tried one of their basses and liked the playability and sound. The thing was real ugly to my eyes, though. My brother has a US Masters Strat (beautiful amberburst ash body, no pickguard, birdseye maple on birdseye maple neck, Wilkinson hardware) that he swears is the best Strat he's ever played. (I've played it, and it's formidable, even compared to Andersons and other ultra-high-end stuff).

Anyways, based on his second experience I'd think highly of their work.

5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    from what i know grasshopper had a deal with them.
    and i have seen one up there, but the neck was snaped from ups. !! but what i could tell be holding the neck in my hand it felt very nice. nice birdseye.
    and the body looked really good to.

if any one is intrested grasshopper was selling a couple that he had.

steve