1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TRADED US MTD 634-24

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Adam Wright, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Roscoe Basses, 64 Audio IEM, GHS Strings
    Price:
    Traded
    Strings:
    2014 MTD 634-24

Walnut Body no top
    Wenge Neck/Fretboard (limited supply)
    34" scale
    24 frets
    18mm spacing
    Luminlay Side/Face Dots
    Aguilar OBP-3 18v Preamp with Passive Tone (this is the original pre-amp installed by Mike)
    Bartolini Dual Coils have been re-installed (these are not Mike's Bart pickups but these pickups are the original pickups ordered with this bass)
    Hipshot USA Hardware
    Buzz Feiten Tuning System
    MTD USA Hardcase with all original paperwork/luminlay quickcharge keychain
    10.5 lbs

Bass is mint minus some playing wear on the fretboard and one headstock ding, with no dings on the body and neck that I could find.

This bass was ordered with Bart Dual Coils(not Mike's Barts) and an Aguilar pre-amp. I have sold the Aguilar DCB pickups that the bass is pictured with. IMO, the pickups and the pre-amp sound decent when the pre-amp is boosted but set flat it's just way too dark for this bass. It NEEDS Mike's Barolini pickups and pre-amp to sound like an MTD should. I have spoken with Mike and he will install the pickups and pre-amp for $350+shipping. I'd be happy to ship the bass to Mike and put you on the return address.

TRADED

I'm unloading a few other bass that will be posted soon..US Lakland Glaub, Bluesman Vintage Jazz, Valenti 5 string.

Trades for hi end J or PJ 5s considered. May be able to add cash. Outright sale preferred.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  2. Bollenator

Bollenator The Ersatz Haderach

Jun 2, 2010
    Western Washington
    PM'd; beautiful bass!

Question: when you say you could ship it to Mike you mean to install Mike's standard Barts/preamp, right? So the ones that are installed currently are the ones that you think are a little too dark?

3. JoshAckerley

JoshAckerley Gold Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Do you have any videos or sound samples of this bass?

Bollenator likes this.
  4. Adam Wright

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    I do not have any sound samples or videos.

5. hdfxstc

hdfxstc Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Can you send me pictures and nut width of the US Lakland Bob Glaub?

6. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Holy Toledo! Talk about a DREAM BASS!! I'm a HUGE sucker for Wenge necks! Man, if I could only swing this one! But then I would have to hide it from the wife and deflect the old "Is that a new bass??" accusatory questions!

7. Adam Wright

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Tradeded