1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

US Music Corp has great customer service.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bannerman, Apr 14, 2009.

1. bannerman

bannerman

Aug 29, 2007
    Portland
    It seems like I so rarely have a positive customer service experience that I am shocked and awed when things go well.

I've called US Music Corp twice.

The first time, my WT-400 was in the shop (Inner Sound in Portland) and the shop claimed they had faxed US Music Corp an order for a new power switch and called them repeatedly to no avail- after checking in with Inner Sound every other day for a month, I called the customer service number listed on the Eden Electronics website, where they picked up on the first ring. The rep called Inner Sound for me and arranged to have the switch shipped to them the next day.

Now the power amp section of my WT-400 is broken. It gets really hot and doesn't put out any sound. I'm not going back to Inner Sound for obvious reasons- they charge a premium and provide Wal-Mart level service. I know an electronics guru, and he offered to repair it for me. So I called for schematics. I had to hold for about 60 seconds this time, but the guy on the other end knew exactly what I was talking about and I had the schematics in my inbox in 60 seconds.

It's enough to make me wish I still liked Eden sound. I am a big fan of that company, but I am a big fan of Ashdown tone now.

Regarding the breaking of my amplifier- there is no reason the power switch should have quit working, it was not physically broken or anything. But the power amp had every reason to quit on me. This was my first amp, and not knowing anything about amps and ohms at the time I ran it hard through an 8 ohm 1x15 and 4 ohm 2x10 for a long time. And it worked well for a very long time afterward.

That's all I have to say about that.

2. Jason Hollar

Jason Hollar Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Pittsburgh area
    I've been an Eden user for many years and was bummed when I heard they were "merging" with US Music Corp. However, when my Navigator went down -- the good folks at USMC (not the Marines!) got me fixed up in a reasonable amount of time.

3. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    Jason...you were very lucky. That's why I left Eden. CS

4. gerryjazzman

gerryjazzman

Dec 31, 2006
    New Jersey
    I have a WT-300 that I bought around 1996 or so. I was really interested in the compressor defeat mod that they used to do (in conjunction with the power upgrade). Since they no longer do this, I thought I could do the compressor mod myself (I'm an EE by trade and am no stranger to working on amps, so I figured what the heck). Several months ago I contacted their customer service by email asking about schematics for the WT-300 and WT-400. They emailed them to me in a couple of hours. The compressor defeat can readily be seen in the WT-400 circuit so all I needed was the push pull pot to replace the enhance control. I called them up asking about ordering a pot and the person I spoke with (forgot his name, very nice guy) said they would send me one, no charge! Now this amp is fully out of warranty and I fully expected to pay for the pot. Within a week they mailed me a pot AND a new knob for it. :D I still haven't had the time to replace the pot, though. :(

They do seem to be trying to provide good customer service.

5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Inner Sound... not my favorite shop. Fortunately I don't have much stuff break that Passinwind can't (or won't) fix :D

I've had a few interactions with Eden. I blieve they went through a rough patch after the acquisition but they seem to be on the ball these days. It seems to be fashionable to slag 'em still though.

I've had good enough luck with Eden over the years that I just traded for an old WT800A. I don't aniticipate troubles with it or with Eden CS should I need them.

A quick Eden story ... I was working on a studio & live project a year ago with a band based in Portland. THe band's studio had quite the setup or recoridng. Mostly I recorded using a Great River. I took my Navigator down for the comparison. We switched off Turbo, Compression, EQ - everything we could turn off, we did. Iit was just slightly noisier than the GR pre. Not bad for a live oriented bass preamp. Not bad at all.