1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

US Navy Band Bassist Solos on Mike Stern's Chromazone

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by xk49w, Mar 27, 2015.

1. xk49w

xk49w

Apr 13, 2008
    The are playing Mike Stern's Chromazone from his Time In Place album. Alas, only the bass player solos. :bassist: Interestingly, he has no insignia on the sleeves of his uniform. A guest perhaps?

Let's see if this link works... Link

Edit: Link to live performance of Chromazone - it might be Jeff Andrews in the bass chair. Also, I saw more videos of this small group ensemble - none are wearing sleeve insignia on many of these gigs.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    …that was cool.
    The School of Music is nearby (Little Creek AMPHIBASE)...in the '80s, a trio from this School, consisting of 2 instructors (keys & guitar) with (usually) a student on drums, gigged around here. They were called Hearsay.
    The keyboardist played synth bass...they were happening, though I always wished they had used a bassist (someone like the guy in your video woulda been a good fit).

3. mrufino1

mrufino1 Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Nutley, NJ
    The band on the Bob Berg/ Mike Stern video was Dennis Chambers and Lincoln Goines. I miss the Bottom Line, that was a good place to see a show.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015