1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD US Peavey Foundation - Super Ferrites

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Jones64, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Jones64

Jones64 Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    Price:
    Strings:
    Old USA Peavey Foundation. Sounds awesome. Jazz bass on Steroids with the Super Ferries. Neck, Frets, Truss Rod, all in good shape. Recently set up. Smaller neck like a 70's Fender Jazz. Some Rust on some screws, but nothing is stripped. Shows some wear with nicks and finish thinning. Road worn for real. Last summer I played this at all my gigs, and left the Moduli at home. It sounds that good. I am guessing those looking at this know this bass and what it is like. Sounds and plays way better than the price.

Looking for cash more than trades but would be willing to listen to offers about preamp pedals or other pedals, upscale parts or speakers, empty cabs or blown speaker cabs, other nice parts.

Prefer to sell locally, but add 40 for shipping if you want it and I will pack it well and ship it quickly.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    bmac314, late80s, jmlee and 1 other person like this.
  2. krovx

krovx Thump or Bust Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    How do the Super Ferrites compare to the singles that look like radius'd soapbars found in some of the other Foundations?

3. Jones64

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    Not a peavey experts. But these are like super singles and remind me of the Nordstands I have my Lakland 5. Very clear, powerful, deep. There must be some reviews up here about them. As has been said here, these foundations are the best bang for the buck you can find.

4. 58kites

58kites Save a life....adopt a Pitbull

Oct 21, 2014
    Austin Texas
    The Super Ferrites sound better than the VFL's you are asking about....a lot better IMO.

5. TerenceE

TerenceE Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Still available?

6. Jones64

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    Still here. It had a few very low ball offer, and it just too good a bass with a great sound to give away, but reasonable offers or trades welcome.

7. TerenceE

TerenceE Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2015
    What’s shipping north of the border worth?

8. Jones64

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    I have never shipped to Canada. Perhaps you have had stuff shipped up there and have a better idea. To send a bass these day within the states ranges for 50 to 100 depending on how far. If you are just north of Colorado like Toronto, it may fairly reasonable. Let me know if you have any experience and we ould put it in fed ex for a quote if you give me you city and zip, also taking the neck off
    really reduces shipping cost, if you are up for that.

Let me know,

Bubba

9. squeakyd

squeakyd

May 18, 2015
    It's a great bass, worth every penny of your asking price.

10. Treebeard

Treebeard

Jun 5, 2016
    Fuquay, NC
    Bear Light Symphony, TimepeaceNC Band
    Is this still available?

11. Jones64

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    Yes. I almost forget that I was selling it. I still pull it out and play it from time to time, and had several offers but shipping these days is like $70 for a bass and I hadn't wanted to come down much in price.
    I am open to some trade possibilities as I am creating a 1590 board and need a compressor or other super small pedal, and always like to try preamp pedals. Let me know what you are thinking,
    and maybe best to send a PM.