Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

USA 75 Reissue Jazz

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by FritzM, Mar 3, 2004.

1. FritzM

FritzM Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Madison, MS
    USA 75 Reissue Jazz, Natural finish, maple fretboard with black blocks, brand new condition with all case candy, handtags, and OHSC. Bass weighs 8.2 lbs. I just won this on another site and will sell it for what I have in it. It is perfect, I just prefer the pickup placement of the vintage style jazz.
    Might consider a trade for a 62 reissue, or a Lakland Skyline Jo or Darryl Jones.

USA 75 Reissue

___Fritz email: alex.martin@gte.net

2. FritzM

FritzM Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Madison, MS

3. Fritz,
    Can you tell me the difference? Is the 75 too close to the bridge? Thanks,
    Hawk

4. FritzM

FritzM Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Madison, MS
    Its about 1/2 inch closer than a vintage. It bothers me more in feel than in sound. I'm just used to the other spacing. But, it doesn't seem to bother Marcus Miller : )

5. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    Hi Fritz,

I sent you an email regarding a possible trade.

Geoff

6. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    am i dumb?
    what's the selling price?
    :p

7. FritzM

FritzM Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Madison, MS
    Sorry guys,
    I've been out of town. As of now, I'm comptemplating a trade for a Darryl Jones. My asking price was $875. I think it was a good deal. I didn't care for the pickup placement on the 75 reissue, its much closer to the bridge and kind of cramped my right hand when playing over the back pickup. The Darryl Jones is very much better than I had thought. If you have a straight up cash offer for 875, let me know today. Otherwise, I will probably go for the DJ.

___Fritz