Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

USA Avatar users - can you help me out please?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by remo, Sep 4, 2005.

1. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    :help: CAN A TRUSTWORTHY FELLOW USA BASED AVATAR USER PLEASE DO AN AUSSIE AVATAR USER A SMALL FAVOUR? :help:

My last Av's were the last pair to be internationally shipped... I have contacted Dave re. purchasing the new crossover but he said he will not ship internationally (even though it would be a small packet and not take very long :eyebrow: )

What I ask it if someone would be kind enough to buy and ship 2 new crossovers to me here in Melbourne. I will of course advance you the cash for the crossovers and shipping (and some cash to cover your time if you like) via PayPal... so it would be handy if you had a PayPal account. Also if you are a SansAmp RBI owner I will send you a FREE BLUE LED for your RBI (If you want one)...

Please let me know if you can help out..

*I have contacted the Aussie Distributor for Avatar a week ago but I have not recieved any reply*

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Remo if it's all too hard, I'll make you a crossover to whatever specs you want and ship it down from Sydney. It'll probaly be cheaper and work much better.

Or if you're feeling adventurous, you can make it yourself and I'll talk you through it.

PM me if you're interested.

3. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    I can do it for you. It wont be a problem at all.

4. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    I have made and installed the 4th order xover as per the recipe in that big Avatar crossover thread.. trouble is I'm now getting a static sounding noise through the tweeter now when I play E open and lower on my 5 string... I never noticed the static when I had the original single cap xover in there...

I have triple checked my wiring and its all good so I'm at a point now I want to try out the Av Xovers and see if I have more luck..

5. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I wouldn't give Dave too much flack over an issue like this. Sure, from our point-of-view it's simply tossing a component into a box and shipping it out, but to him it's filling out customs forms and possibly other paperwork, dealing with shipping internationally on a smaller level he's most likely not used to doing... in other words, deviating from his normal schedule which is building cabinets.

In the last year or so we've seen him add several new models to his line (Neo, etc), upgrade the crossover when for the money the original was hardly *bad*, and starting shipping internationally. For such a small company, those are some pretty large steps.

6. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    true man, I hold absolutly no grudge at all... Dave's a top bloke I've spoken with him on other matters, he's a champ!

he man we have the same Av rig! :bassist: :bassist:

[​IMG]