1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

USA, Canada, Mexico, or Australia?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by HGS, Apr 16, 2010.

1. USA

19 vote(s)
    24.7%
  2. Canada

33 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Mexico

3 vote(s)
    3.9%
  4. Australia

18 vote(s)
    23.4%
  5. None

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I'm pretty goddang happy living where I do ATM, but I voted Canada because I want to spend more time there, and that's where I'll probably end up in the long run. I'd pick NZ over Oz any day, from what I've read and heard so far.

2. USA. No contest.

3. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Australia, no contest.. ;)

Never really considered living somewhere else, although id like to spend a couple of months in Japan, id also like to visit the UK.

4. While I'd love to visit Australia and Canada, USA is home. I've been to Mexico. It sucks. I'll never go back for any reason.

5. Haha... I see what you did. :p

6. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Germany.

Except I wouldn't want to live there again, just visit.

7. Gopherbassist

Gopherbassist

Jan 19, 2008
    It's probably because you speak Foreignish, pretend you don't and you'll get right in.

8. I grew up in the UK, travelled for a while and then settled in Australia. I love it here.

Out of the poll options, the only place I haven't been to is Canada. I have a couple of friends who travel over quite frequently. From what they have to say about the place, it seems like somewhere I'd like to visit. Also, I ride mountain bikes and Canada is supposed to be THE place for mountain biking.

9. I'm in the US and I love it here. However, I'd love to visit Australia since I've already been to Canada and Mexico. Living in and visiting are 2 totally different things so your question is a bit confusing. I'd love to visit Australia but I love living in the US.

10. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    I'd like to try living in Berlin, the only problem would be learning German before hand. I wouldn't need a visa though, thanks to the EU :D

11. Kipaste

Kipaste

Jun 27, 2006
    Helsinki, Finland
    Tough one. All those countries have their own thing and US is such a huge and diverse place that it's pretty hard to label it under one option. Still, I would probably go with Canada. To me, Canada is sort of like a sane version of US.

:bag:

Plus, there's Whistler..

12. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    I am born and live in the U.S. but I have visited Canada 56 times. It is a great place and it would be the closest to living here. I would love to visit Australia. I never had a desire to go to Mexico.

13. Bassman316

Bassman316

May 27, 2008
    Longs, SC
    Gimme Sunnyvale Trailer Park

14. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Lived in Canada for 40 years. Great country. No rush to go back. No desire to live in the other countries listed. Perhaps Australia.

15. i heard the mecca for mountain bikers is moab,utah

16. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    To visit - all of them.

To live - none, happy where I am.

17. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    You know, I'll have to agree with you on that one.

18. How is there only 3 votes for Mexico? ever been to Cabo? Or anywhere near the pacific, "the ocean with no memory"?

19. No carrots = No poll

I don't think I could be happier anywhere else, though (and I have given this a lot of thought). If I were to relocate, I'd probably choose a place in India itself like Ladakh maybe.

20. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto

I like this guy.

I picked Canada because - while i'm glad to be able to visit the USA I'm glad to be home when I cross the border again.

I'd pick NZ over AU for a trip in a flash, Kiwis and their land reminds me far more of Canada/Canadians than AU and Aussies tend to have a certain something that's akin to Americans...as far as my closed minded generalization is concerned (though it's not meant to be a negative comparison).

Without addressing overly political, potentially negative or volatile issues, there aren't 2 pairs of countries in the world that I can think of that have as much in common in the same ways as these 4.