1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD USA Custom Guitars Vintage Precision Style Sunburst Heavy Relic Fender Copy Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by limit6, Aug 20, 2017.

1. limit6

limit6

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    Price:
    Strings:
    This bass was created to capture all the lure and nostalgia of the working bassist's ever-reliable sidekick, it excites the senses and evokes the emotions that accompany the reason why one falls in love with music. It encapsulates the rich history of the bass that revolutionized American music and they way the instrument was heard.
    The components and craftsmanship of this bass were selected and produced from some of the finest and most well-respected manufacturers of musical instruments and parts in the industry.
    I will, in detail, describe each portion of how this bass was assembled, manufactured, and produced.
    Body:
    This Body was crafted by USA Custom Guitars in Washington It is their "Classic Pea Body" in a one piece alder with a contoured heel.
    The paint job is a custom 3-color nitrocellulose sunburst that was done by Joel Shinn at Lay's Guitar Shop in Akron, Ohio
    The pickups are Dimarzio Model P Pickups.
    Pots: 2 250K Fender pots
    Input Jack: Switchcraft #11 Gold 1/4" Input Jack
    Pickguard: Aged 60's Tortoise Shell Nitrocellulose Pickguard manufactured by Pickguardian in Columbus, Ohio ()
    Bridge: Vintage Fender P/J Bass Bridge
    Fender Thumb Rest.
    Cameltone Electronics took care of wiring the pickups and capacitors.
    Neck:
    Vintage Pea Style: Roasted, 1/4 Sawn Maple, Indian Rosewood, 20 Fret, 1 11/16 Nut Width, .920" C-Contour, 9.5" radius, 6230 Frets, Real Clay Dots, Rolled Edges, Real Bone Nut.
    Tuners: Vintage Fender P/J Bass Tuners
    Finish: Amber tinted, Nitrocellulose finish.
    Right now I have D'Addario DCB82 Chromes Flatwound Bass Strings.
    The Heavy Relic Job was done by Dax and Co and is absolutely phenomenal and professional.
    *This bass is not a Fender product, it's a custom build and has no affiliation with fender. DSC_0143.JPG DSC_0150.JPG DSC_0144.JPG DSC_0146.JPG DSC_0149.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    aldaa, levis76, gforcemusic and 2 others like this.
  2. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Wow.

limit6 likes this.
  3. ghostinthemach

ghostinthemach Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Brea CA
    Beautiful work. Pea bass, that's funny.

limit6 likes this.
  4. wellso74

wellso74 Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Richmond, Virginia
    weight?

5. limit6

limit6

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    9.2 lbs give or take

6. limit6

limit6

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    Thank you! I wish you could play it to try it out!

7. limit6

limit6

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    Thank you! I appreciate the kind words!

8. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I pressed the "like" button, but I really want to press the "love" button !

:p

This is a beauty of a bass. Maybe some of my stuff will sell and I'll be able to afford it!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    levis76 likes this.
  9. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Any trade interests?

10. levis76

levis76 Defender of the Low Ender

Apr 14, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    That is amazing. Everything you could want in a P, 'cept maybe a J p'up near the bridge (I'm a P/J man myself), but this is perfect as is. Was there any reason you went with the modern headstock logo rather than the older style? Just curious.

Thanks for sharing and GLWTS!

11. limit6

limit6

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    Thank you kindly! Would love to sell it!

Dark Horse likes this.
  12. limit6

limit6

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    Hello! I really want an Ampeg b15n, would also consider an orange 400db

13. limit6

limit6

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    Thank you for the kind words! I was half and half on putting a decal on but I put this one on because I just like the look of that logo. No other reason really

14. limit6

limit6

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    Sold

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021