1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

USA Custom Guitars? (x-post)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fish man, May 6, 2006.

1. fish man

fish man

Nov 14, 2005
    Ontario, Canada
    (x-post from luthier's corner)

Is USACG recommended as a bass neck builder? I'm working on my first project bass, and although I'm building the body, doing the hardware and the electronics and the assembly myself, I don't feel ready to build a neck. The local shops don't have much of a reputation, and the pricing is fairly steep, so I thought of ordering through USACG. Does anyone have experience with them? Are they into wierd custom specs and are they competent with such things?

thanks

fm

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I built an instrument a few years ago with USACG parts...and they were beyond excellent with both their service and their products. They went the extra mile and then beyond that.

3. Isn't Valenti now using USACG parts on his basses?

4. fish man

fish man

Nov 14, 2005
    Ontario, Canada
  5. I would think that would be a good endorsement to have!

6. thadiusfunkfoot

thadiusfunkfoot

May 6, 2006
    you can not go wrong with them.
    nicest work I’ve seen to date, and I’ve been a player for longer than most people have been alive.
    no dead spots, due to graphite reinforcement, and just plain long quality workmanship.

7. Hyde

Hyde

Mar 30, 2006
    I haven't used their work in a bass, but I have (get ready to stone me) made a ****** using a USACG neck. It's simply incredible, far better than any other guitar neck I've tried, simply because it's (a) very, very, very well-made and (b) exactly what I wanted.