USA Fender '75 RI Jazz: Flatsawn or Quarter Sawn Neck???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AndyMan, May 18, 2007.

1. AndyMan

AndyMan Commercial User

Jun 17, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    http://myplaceproductionsllc.com/
    Anyone know???

Thanks!

2. Don't think that Fender quarter saws their necks. Did they ever? I think it was Leo that came up with the idea...but wasn't that at G&L when he did that?

But I could be totally wrong on all this. But again, if Fender quarter-saws their necks, I've never seen it in their literature.

3. IAmTheDood

IAmTheDood Shake and Bake

Dec 15, 2006
    Waterford, MI
    i think they're flat sawn necks that are glued together via the face of the grain ... similar to butcher block countertops ?? at least my fender is.

4. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    I'm pretty sure they are flatsawn. They're reissues so they're like the original necks.

5. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    What's the inlay material used for the black blocks? Is is plastic or painted maple or something else?

6. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    Plastic inlay...melamine I think

7. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Cool, thanks!

8. Bog standard Fender necks are flatsawn. Custom Shop beauties can be had with quartersawn necks though.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021