1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

usa fender p dlx

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by way_of_opiatism, Sep 4, 2003.

1. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    so i got my first fender (well sorta), p-bass dlx. i was under the impression that the dlx's use an 18 volt system but mines only got one 9 volt and no place for another. whats the story with this? it does have the graphite reinforced neck and schallers but no 18v. i'd like it to be a bit hotter. When did they start offering the 18v and why would mine not be that?

aside from that would the u-retro give this bass the heat i want or would it still be *too* smooth sounding. (maybe i should just get a jazz)

2. Well mine has a 9V too. Firstly, are the inlays abalone? And is the Fender logo on the headstock gold? If it is, but 9 volt, it was made around 2000-2002. If not, it's like mine, with stuck on inlays and the regular American headstock decal. After 2002, it's like the '00-'02 model but with the 18 volt power source for more headroom. Pics would help immensely.

3. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    abalone inlays and silver lettering

4. Hell I just thought of it... what's the serial number?