Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

usa fender p dlx

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by way_of_opiatism, Sep 4, 2003.

1. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    so i got my first fender (well sorta), p-bass dlx. i was under the impression that the dlx's use an 18 volt system but mines only got one 9 volt and no place for another. whats the story with this? it does have the graphite reinforced neck and schallers but no 18v. i'd like it to be a bit hotter. When did they start offering the 18v and why would mine not be that?

aside from that would the u-retro give this bass the heat i want or would it still be *too* smooth sounding. (maybe i should just get a jazz)

2. Well mine has a 9V too. Firstly, are the inlays abalone? And is the Fender logo on the headstock gold? If it is, but 9 volt, it was made around 2000-2002. If not, it's like mine, with stuck on inlays and the regular American headstock decal. After 2002, it's like the '00-'02 model but with the 18 volt power source for more headroom. Pics would help immensely.

3. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    abalone inlays and silver lettering

4. Hell I just thought of it... what's the serial number?