1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

USA fender P5 w/nord HC J bass PU $850 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by richst, Aug 23, 2012.

1. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I can't seem to move my amps to pay some bills so I have to move something. This bass is killer and I will be getting another one when I get through this dry spell.

Here is a lightly used Fender Precision P5. Killer P bass with an alder body and maple/rosewood neck. Right at 9 lbs. Passive electronics and has a pro mod to install a jazz bass PU in the bridge position. The bridge pickup is a Nordstrand split coil jazz style pickup. It sounds awesome and was a custom ordered pickup that cost close to $200! The P bass PU is the stock Fender PU and sounds fat and burpy as you would expect. You can take this bass to any gig and get the tone you need. It comes with the new molded plastic Fender hard case and will be well packed and shipped Fedex ground insured. $850 shipped.

I just used this on an album date on Monday and the engineer loved it. With the bridge PU you have a bass versatile enough to take to any gig. Also, the build quality of these newer Fenders is really good. Fit and finish, fretwork etc. are all top notch. These new molded plastic Fender hard cases are built to last.

No trades. I need the cash to pay some bills or this would be staying.

Attached Files:

2. Mine!

PM'd

3. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    returned. hit me back.

4. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Looks like it's sold and going to L.A.

5. El_Duderino

El_Duderino

Aug 23, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Nice - I'm looking at putting together a similar bass based off a MIM 5-string jazz. Wish I hadn't been so slow to notice this one.

6. krustwell

krustwell

May 18, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    This looks strikingly similar to a bass I had in my possession for a while. It was a great bass, btw. Just 1 too many strings for my feeble brain.

7. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    My dream bass right there. Alas...looks like I'm too late.