1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

USA Fender Precision Bass Special, P/J loaded body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by MeLikeBass, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As you will see in the pics

http://flic.kr/ps/2377J2

this is a C.A.R. USA Precision Bass Special body. My camera made some of the pics a more brighter red than it really is, its color is closer to pics with the darker red. It's surprisingly clean for a 97. One small ding on the back and maybe a cpl small scratches here and there and the pup covers have some scratching but nothing major on the body. Has the grooved saddles, P/J pickup config, V/V/T controls, gold anodized pickguard and will include the neck plate and screws. The neck, unfortunately, has a broken truss rod :crying: Thinking about keeping this but could really use the cash so for now...

250$ plus shipping CONUS only, Paypal or money order

2. bump

3. Bump

4. Bump

5. This is a great deal! Good luck!

6. Thanks!

7. bump

8. Don41_2

Don41_2 Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Raleigh, Nc
    Bump for a great bass at a great price. If I didn't have one already, i would grab it and add a high end warmoth or other premium neck - it deserves it!

Here's a pic of mine - same model/same color/same year but with a different PG and tugbar added. That might be closer to color, but OP should verify.

Good luck!

Attached Files:

9. Thanks!

Yeah the color in your pic is real close to whats on mine. Love that PG on yours. Although the gold anodized has grown on me, I didnt care for it at first and even had a black pg on there with thoughts of using it in the pics.

10. doktorfeelgood

doktorfeelgood layin' it down like pavement Supporting Member

Any idea how much she weighs...? And would you happen to have any pics of the back with the neck plate off?

11. Looks like it is around 6-7 pounds. Thought it was a bit more but weighed it on a better scale. Heres a pic of the back

View attachment 280640

12. Sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.