SOLD USA Fender Precision Butterscotch / Black PG / Maple Neck / Badass III / Lindy Fralin

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by squarewave, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squarewave

squarewave Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    Traded to a very nice gentleman from Des Moines for a very nice Stingray - Thanks Mark

I have for sale this exceptionally nice 2007 Fender Precision.

As you can see in the photos (scroll down), it is a great looking bass. It plays and sounds fantastic too. It's currently strung with flatwounds, but I can't recall the brand. The strings are through the body. There are only very minor scuffs and dings and almost zero fret wear. The most significant flaw is typical scuffing of the PG due to picking. I'd call the condition 9.5 out of 10.

The original pickups and bridge will be included. I have two other P-basses now, so I just don't need this one. It is really a great bass.

I prefer a cash (PayPal) sale over trades at this time, and I'm pricing it to move at $800 shipped in the continental US. If you want it with the stock pickups and original bridge installed, I'll keep the aftermarket stuff and knock some money off the price.

HERE is a link to the pickups. They are made with AlNico magnets and Formvar wire.

Thanks for looking. Please PM or post questions. Bumps are welcome. Be sure to check out my feedback. I pack things very well, and ship promptly.

2. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    IMG_0899.gif

IMG_0900.gif

IMG_0890.gif

IMG_0894.gif

IMG_0892.gif

IMG_0908.gif

IMG_0907.gif

IMG_0903.gif

IMG_0909.gif

IMG_0904.gif

3. Weight? Case or gigbag?

4. B.C.

B.C.

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    Whew that is beautiful! Goodluck with the sale.

5. I appear to be interested...

Do you have an sound samples?

6. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    It looks like about 9.2 lb. on my inacurate bathroom scale. I'd say it is a middle-weight, definitely lighter than my '77 p-bass, but not the lightest bass I've owned. The body is ash.

No case or gig bag at the current asking price.

No Sound samples. I'm not set up to record (yet).

Thanks. It is a handsome bass.

7. Jesaja1

Jesaja1

May 4, 2005
    Hi squarewave, i have enough basses, sorry i don't buy it, :meh: but can you please give some informations about your Badass III bridge?
    can you have a space stringing about 0,7" (18mm) at the bridge?
    Can you give me the length and the width from the Badass III please?
    Would be great if you can help me ! :hyper::hyper:
    Thanks
    Robert

8. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    you have no idea how badly I want that bass. Youre not interested in a 2007 Gibson Explorer in Olympic White are you?

9. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    Thanks HW. I dig Explorers, but I'm going to hold out for cash or a 5-string on this bass.

10. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    Traded to a very nice gentleman from Des Moines for a very nice Stingray - Thanks Mark

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.