1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD USA G&L BABP L1000

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by pgurns, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    UPDATE -TRADED
    OK I found a bass I would really like to buy so if I can sell it before the bass I'm looking at is gone I'll take a substantial cut. I reserve the right to revert to my original price though if the Lakland DJ I want gets sold first.

TRADED...THANKS FOR LOOKING

If you are looking at this you probably know what these are. I purchased mine new from

http://www.guitarmannyc.com/GuitarMan/G&L_L1000_Limited_Edition_Reissue.html for 1500 bucks

it has the Redburst finish. The neck is a Gun Oil Tint #8 (1.5" nut, 12" radius), Neck is the newer 6 bolt style construction, it has rolled edges and has been PLEK'd from the factory

As much as I love this bass I have more GAS than cash so I'm trying to see what I can can turn this into. If nothing interests me I have no problems whatsoever keeping her around. I have all the case candy and this bass is literally like new. It has never left my house for anything. It has never been gigged or used in band practice. It's just me sitting around from time to time noodling around.

I would really like a Lakland 44-02 or deluxe in a cherryburst finish, but feel free to run other Laklands by me or anything for that matter. I have had some interesting offers but nothing firm yet. They need to be 4 stringers but other than that I'm open. I am not opposed to a cash sale but it's usually easier to trade :)

Paul

2. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    pm sent.

3. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    Couple of pics,

Attached Files:

4. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    more

Attached Files:

5. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    And 1 more. Anything that looks odd is just a reflection. I for the life of me can't figure out how to take a pic without a flash and have it look decent. The flash always reflects though. Also on the backside cover that is just the plastic protective film on it. I never took it off.

Attached Files:

6. Spiritfield

Spiritfield Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Jawja
    Natural light is your friend ;)

My BABP L-1000 is one of my best "go-to" basses. I love the color/neck tint of yours:bassist:

7. Dave Campbell

Dave Campbell

Jul 13, 2006
    I know this may sound sacreligious, but if I had one of those I would install a vintage style chrome control plate.

Nice bass BTW.

8. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    That would destroy any future resale value.

9. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    I'm torn, the control plates kinda look cool because it adds the vintage vibe to it, but I do like the cleaner look of the bass without it. It always looked like an afterthought to me when I saw them. As far as resale...I swore this would be the bass I kept forever LOL Damn GAS

10. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    I thought I had a deal but I guess it fell through bump

11. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    bump

12. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    Sorry dude, I hadn't heard from you for over a week. You know how people are on here; I assumed you had changed your mind.

13. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    No worries. I sent you a PM regarding shipping information and never heard back from you. Maybe you never got it. Did you ever sell or trade your bass? If so what did ya get??

14. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    Sorry dude, I never got it :/ I would have been all aboard if I had. I ended up selling it and buying Quad's 1987 L2000. Sorry about that.

15. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    Thats cool The L200 is nice and Quad a great guy to deal with.

16. for the record, i thought the vintage chrome control plate wouldn't fit because the knob and switch spacings have changed...

ps. that's a nice-a bass...

17. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    I honestly have no idea whether it would fit or not. As far as i know it was never an option on these reissues. As I understand it a member of BABP and TB send his vintage wunkay to G&L to use as a template for lack of a better word. I could look it up and PM him and find out what year bass was used to model this one. Now I'm curious myself.

18. I know for sure that the control plates on the L-2000s versus the newer models are different. The holes do not line up. It might be the case for the L-1000 as well.

19. Low Main

Low Main Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Massachusetts
    On the photo flash thing, I'm no great photographer, but sometimes I use a piece of translucent material to diffuse the glare of the flash. I just hold it up right in front of the flash lens and let the flash fire through the material. It mellows out the flash lighting a lot.

My favorite stuff for this is 1/4 inch think polyethylene - the stuff milk jugs are made of. I cut up some small tiles of the stuff. But 1/4 inch PE is probably not something that's commonly available (I'm lucky - I have a friend in the plastics business). You could probably use some actual milk jug material and do OK.

20. Pet Politics

Pet Politics My real name is Michael, but how exciting is that?

Nov 14, 2007
    Burbank, CA
    Beautiful bass! I'd buy it right now but it has the wrong sized neck for me. Either way, Paul is a good guy to deal with (I still have that HWY 1 and I love it).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.