SOLD USA G&L JB2 (Beautiful Flame Top, light Swamp Ash Body)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gt96g, Mar 1, 2020.

1. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    Price:
    Strings:
    I'll start by saying this bass is beyond incredible. The look, the weight, the balance, and the tone. It's has a vintage tint maple neck and fingerboard, a swamp ash body, and flamed maple top. Passive design, with original g&l pups and pots. The nut width is 1.5in, I know that question will come up. The bass weighs under 8.5 lbs, I'll get an exact weight soon.

This bass would have been perfect, save the neck profile. It's just slightly thicker than I'm comfortable with. Along with the vintage tint, it has a vintage carve on the neck with is just a little beyond my comfort zone. With that said, I like the bass so much that I did investigate having the neck re-profiled, but couldn't justify the cost. So, I'm putting this on the selling / trade block.

I'm seeking 1000 shipped. Trade wise there are a few options I'd consider.

Trades: JB-2, swamp ash body but with a modern Jazz neck profile. I'd also consider a Sandberg with a J / MM pickup configuration. Also would consider USA G&L Kiloton, again swamp ash body preferred. L2500 or M2500

Trade down options: Tribute equivalent of what's listed above with cash to me.

I'll also listen to other offers, but most likely the above options are what I'd be after.

Any question feel free. Oh, and it comes with a G&L hardshell case.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
  3. 73_Blazer

73_Blazer

Jan 16, 2018
    I have one. It sounds and plays great !!

gt96g likes this.
  4. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    Added new trade, USA Kiloton.

5. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    More open to the trades listed. USA Kiloton especially.

6. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    Other US JB2's, Kilotons, or Sandberg California 2 Jazz/MM config. All high trade interests.

7. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    Open to cash offers or possibly trade downs plus cash to me.

8. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    Price drop.

9. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    Trades Updated

10. That reminds me of my Carvin B5.... which incidentally also has a neck profile that’s a hair thicker than I prefer. I plan on removing the neck this weekend and sanding it down to make it thinner. I’ve done this before to some guitars I own and it’s really easy. If you love the bass, try reprofiling on your own and then apply some tung oil or true oil. It’ll save you some $ and you’ll have a bass you’ll be really happy with.

11. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    I don't have the skill set or confidence to even attempt that. I appreciate the suggestion though.