USA G&L L2000 How did I do?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gunner77, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Gunner77

Gunner77

Nov 30, 2009
    Columbia, MO
    I bought this bass yesterday. It was used and they were asking $795 tax included. I gave them $580 and my Epi Thunderbird Pro IV which had been cosmetically damaged when it shipped to me and I got some compensation for the damage. I had $269 in the Epi. I couldn't resist this because it was a blueburst and I love blue guitars. Did I come out ok on the deal? I'm happy with it regardless but I always like to know if I made a decent deal.

Gunner

2. Lo-E

Lo-E

Dec 19, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    You did great! L2Ks are amazingly versatile basses, they're really well made and yours looks totally boss!

3. I would say you got a good price on it, welcome to G&L, they are really nice !!

4. Gunner77

Gunner77

Nov 30, 2009
    Columbia, MO
    Couple more pics. One of these days I will post a pic will all my blue basses.

Gunner

5. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    You done good.

6. kraigo

kraigo

Jun 21, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    You did OK. I like the look of it. When I sold my first year L-1000 (One of the first 500 made) five years ago I got $600 for it and it struggled to get there. I sold a USA L-2500 with a flamed maple top for less than $500 once (if I remember the price correctly).

Perhaps it's changing and it's totally unfair, but G&L's have low resale value.

All that being said, if I could get that bass for less than $600, I'd probably think about it. Psychologically, $599, sold. $600, no deal.

KO

7. ack

ack Why Can't We All Get Along?

Nov 19, 2006
    Somewhere near Raleigh
    I love the Blueburst - my personal favorite L2k.
    I'm confused about something: They wanted $795 and you bought it for $849 worth of cash and your Epi Pro IV? Doesn't the Pro IV retail for like $500?

8. Gunner77

Gunner77

Nov 30, 2009
    Columbia, MO
    No I gave them $580 cash and my Epi. I had purchased my Epi for a total of $369 on ebay and I received $100 from UPS for the damage they did in shipping. So I lost a little bit of money on the Epi but I got a USA G&L. All in all not too big of a loss I would think. Bass education is expensive!

Gunner

9. niceguy

niceguy Guest

Feb 7, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    I think it's a good deal, especially if you got rid of a bass you didn't want. G&Ls have lower resale value, I believe, because it is a lesser known brand.

10. Bobster

Bobster

Mar 27, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Looks like a great bass. I think you did very well.

Enjoy it!

11. G&L L2000 > Epi Thunderbird

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021