USA G&L SB-2 w/ tone mod and HSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Wownirvana, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Wownirvana

Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    I picked this bass up on here about 2 months ago and it's an amazing instrument, but not too long after I bought it I found another one in a color I liked better with a maple board and since I can't afford to keep them both I've gotta get rid of this one. It's in great condition, probably 9/10 and since I've gotten it I only played one show with it and it's been in its case ever since. This one has had the tone mod done so the volume controls are stacked, which makes it possible to do swells and control your overall volume with one hand. The case is a G&L case and is in really good condition, some scuffs on the outside (but nothing major) and the inside is perfect.

SSL10525.jpg
    SSL10534.jpg
    SSL10539.jpg

I'm not really looking for any trades but I'd consider a Sterling with a maple board (and I'm a sucker for sparkle finishes) or possibly a Reverend 4 string with a maple board as well. I'm looking to get $740 shipped for this and I'm open to reasonable offers as well. If you want pictures of anything specific let me know and I'll be happy to get them for you.

2. Wownirvana

Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    I think I priced this one a little high, let's try $760 shipped or best reasonable offer.

3. Wownirvana

Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    Dropped it again to $740 shipped, surely somebody might be interested in this killer bass? I've had some trade interest but nothing I was interested in. I can drop the price some more if you'd be willing to take the bass with an (almost new) SKB Freedom case or a nice gig bag.

4. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things.

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    i believe this used to be mine...awesome bass. someone buy this!

5. Lon86

Lon86

Jan 21, 2008
    Venice, CA
    How do these sound compared to an AM P Bas???

6. basstones

basstones

May 24, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Mine before p0k, I had the tone mod done by Butch at Bayou Cables. He made the wire harness, impeccable work. this bass sounds and plays great.
    Good luck

Brian

7. Wownirvana

Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    I've never owned a Fender American P but this bass definitely has that classic P bass sound, especially with the P pickup soloed. I play it with the P pickup at 100% and the J pickup at 50% and it's got all the goodness of a classic P bass sound with some extra bottom end.

8. Wownirvana

Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    All PMs have been replied to. I've got some interest but nothing is set in stone just yet.

9. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things.

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    hey brian, do you still have the warwick? :)

10. Wownirvana

Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    I'd also consider trades for a Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub, a Fender Aerodyne jazz + cash and possibly a Fender Jaguar bass + cash.

11. Bad Seed

Bad Seed

Dec 5, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Trade for upgraded MIM Jazz?

12. Wownirvana

Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    Sorry, I've already got one.

13. bassguppy

bassguppy

Jan 8, 2003
    Queens
    pm at ya...

14. dogbass

dogbass Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Pm'd with some questions on trades....

15. Wownirvana

Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    All PMs replied to, it looks like I might be doing a trade with lildrgn for his Sterling but nothing is finalized yet.

16. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    ....and mine after p0k, simply incredible bass!!!

17. lildrgn

lildrgn

Jul 11, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    PM sent.

18. estringnyc

estringnyc

Jun 21, 2007
    New York City
    Still available?

19. Wownirvana

Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    Nothings finalized yet but I'm working on a trade with lildrgn for his sterling. If that falls through it'll be available for sale since I haven't had any other trade offers I was interested in.

20. Wownirvana

Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    Sorry for the long wait but it took lildrgn a while to make up his mind and he's decided not to do the trade, so the SB-2 is still available. So if anybody wants this just let me know price is still $740 shipped and
    I'm still entertaining trade offers.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021