Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

USA Hamer 2TEK Cruise Bass Candy Blue w/OHSC

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by ampegsvtca, Jul 14, 2004.

1. This bass is an almost mint NOS 1996 USA Hamer 2TEK Cruise Bass with new hardshell case. Has a brand new set of Dimarzio Ultra Jazz pickups in it for zero hum but will also include the original Seymour Duncan Vintage Jazz pickups if this bass sells. Might consider a trade for a vintage Precision as I am more of a Precision guy and that is why I am selling this bass. $639.00 shipped.

2. Joshua

Joshua WJWJr Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Connecticut
    Bump for a super sweet bass!

3. TheLarch

TheLarch Supporting Member

This bass had been mine and I can 100% vouch for the high quality of the bass as well as for Ampegsvtca being a totally reputable and stand-up guy.

You can't go wrong here!

4. Its not the same bass, I am keeping the one I bought off of you and I put a set of Dimarzios Ultra Jazz in that bass as well. The bass I am advertising here is a 1996 that I bought off of Ebay (yours was a 1995) one difference that I can see is that they made the later 2TEK bridges smaller, how much weight savings this makes I don't know. Also the Candy Blue is a bit lighter on the newer model which I don't think is a bad thing. I think that it came from a music store in the eastern US (Virginia maybe?) where it just hung there and never sold. I don't know why because its a great bass as well.

5. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    any pics?
    thanx!

6. I can email pictures but could not download them onto this sight as the files were too large (even a single picture). It is a really great bass, better than any USA Fender Jazz built in the last 20+ years IMHO. This is probably the closest you will ever get to buying one new as well. Payment by Paypal is prefered: scolwell@shaw.ca

7. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Could you please e-mail pics to olpbm@hotmail.com , I may be interested.

Thanks.

8. I would have to assume that "the Hat" means Medicine Hat, Alberta which puts us in the same province. I could probably meet you part of the way (I go down to Lethbridge quite a bit since my wife's "kin" all live down there) or ship it via Loomis or Tiger Courier. Anyway pics have been sent and thanks for your interest.

9. Price reduced $600 US shipped. These are really underated basses IMHO.

10. Joshua

Aug 23, 2000
    Connecticut
    You are killing me!

:D

Bump for the nicest bass (and best deal) here!

11. How about $450 shipped for my other Cruise Bass that "The Larch" used to own (I think you know the one I am talking about). Heres your second chance!

12. Joshua

Aug 23, 2000
    Connecticut
    PM me the details to refresh my memory, and I'll talk it over with my far better half tonight.

Killin' me!

:D

13. DigthemLows

DigthemLows

Oct 10, 2003
    Sacramento CA
    1983 G&L SB-2, any interest?

14. I am interested mainly in Precisions but would consider a G&L L2000.

15. Price reduced to $539 shipped, since I just went ahead and ordered a Lakalnd Skyline Bob Glaub.

16. Price reduced again.

17. $500 US shipped, 450$ without the case.

18. rsgars

rsgars

Aug 6, 2003
    NY State
    pictures to me, please.

19. PM me you email address.

20. rsgars

rsgars

Aug 6, 2003
    NY State
    Might be nice to have my address rsgars@yahoo.com