Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

USA Lakland 4 string Bob Glaub for sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by pbassnut, Oct 21, 2004.

1. pbassnut

pbassnut Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Falls Church, VA
    I've got a three color sunburst, maple/rosewood (Precision width @ the nut) necked USA 4 string Lakland Bob Glaub Precision type bass for sale. It is in near mint condition, has an alder body, is currently strung with flats, has a tortoise shell pickguard, weighs in at 8.75 pounds, is all original, and comes with the original supplied truss rod and bridge adjustment tools as well as an SKB type hard shell case which is also in excellent condition and perfect working order. $1450 including shipping and insurance. This is a superb playing and sounding bass for anyone who wants a top shelf, old school Precision type bass in their stable. Pictures available upon request. Call Steve (Falls Church, VA) @ (703) 533-2007 (H) or email steven_reiter@hotmail.com

2. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    If you're such a P-bass nut why are you getting rid of it? I hear Bob Glaubs are the best P's around right now. I'm waiting on a Skyline Glaub as we speak.

3. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Sorry JR,

But I couldn't access the email account you sent it to because I haven't used it in so long. Try it on the new one I put in or just PM me. :)

4. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    Wrong forum

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Moved.

6. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    PM sent

7. pbassnut

Sep 27, 2004
    Falls Church, VA
    Certainly a valid question. The superior quartersawn with graphite reinforced neck construction along with the two way, high mass bridge make the USA BGs sustain too much for me. I'm a gut bucket blues bassist and most of the band leaders I play for want an old school, quick decay, almost upright like sound outta me which I can't seem to quite get out of the BG (at least with my weak muting technique). I tried stuffing foam under the strings to achieve a quicker note decay but it seemed to negatively impact the intonation.

8. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    I didn't recognize this bass until today: :cool:

I A/B'd it against a 60ish Fender P-bass...the only difference was that the Lakland had a stronger output.

JB

9. Very Interested. Please email pics to xhawk4@hotmail.com. Explain some about the playability of the bass. If JRBrown says it sounds very 60's ish, thats good enough for me!
    Hawk :bassist:

10. pbassnut

Sep 27, 2004
    Falls Church, VA
    The picture JRBROWN posted _is_ of my BG since I bought it from him originally. However, it was sold yesterday. Thanks for your interest, though. Overall ... I'd buy a Bob Glaub LONG before I'd pay big money on a pre-CBS or any other alleged "vintage" Fender. They are not "Stradavarious" instruments ... they can be reproduced and reproduced as well or better. The only thing they lack is the "mojo" of having been played thousands of hours in countless smokey bars.