Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

USA Lakland Price Increase Announced

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dude, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Just got word that Lakland will be increasing their prices on most US Model (Skylines stay the same) effective with March 1st shipments.

The percentage varies from model to model from 6% to 9% and will take effect on any USA bass ordered after January 10, 2003 (with scheduled delivery on or after 3/1/03)

If you've been on the fence on ordering any new USA Lakland better contact me or your favorite Lakland Dealer before this Friday Jan. 10th to qualify for the old pricing.

On a side note I'd like to congratulate Gard & Beaver at Bass Central for once again being the #1 Lakland Dealer (although someone else also makes that "claim" as well).

I was stoked to come in 3rd for 2002 behind Bass Central then Musicians Friend in second place.

2. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Hey Dude, any word on a skyline hollowbody?

3. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    They're still working on the prototype...nothing for sure yet.

4. ivanthetrble

ivanthetrble

Sep 9, 2002
    Orygun
    Any word about a Duck Dunn sig model?

5. Jazzbassman23

Jazzbassman23

Apr 20, 2000
    Maryland
    Just out of curiousity, who also claims to be #1, and on what basis do both make this claim? Number of sales?

6. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Based on total dollar volume of sales not number of units.

Last I knew there were about 3 people claiming to be #1 in Lakland sales but for reasons that should be obvious I'll decline from naming names.

I'm quite content to be behind Beaver & Gard but will attempt to pass Musician's Friend next year and suck in behind Bass Central and ride their draft. There's no way I could catch Bass Central as a one man band nor would I care to....I'd be up to my eyeballs in shipping tape and peanuts 24/7!

I'm pretty sure I lead the pack in 2002 in the US for Thomastik-Infeld bass strings though.

7. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    They only made 5 or 6 of them but the factory screwed up the order and made them with 1.75" wide necks instead of 1.5" wide necks as they were ordered.

I have one available if you're intersted.

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hey Dude, thanks for the kudos.

:D

It's good to know there are other guys out there takin' care of our fellow low-lives as well as you and Adrian are.

...'scuse me, the man with the whip is lurking around the corner, need to get busy again!

:eek:

;)

9. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    No problem Gard...I have always had a problem with other dealers out there making "We're Number 1" claims and I know you guys have too much class to object so I felt someone needed to set the record straight.

Bass Central smoked everyone in Lakland sales last year and I've NEVER heard a single complaint about you guys ANYWHERE!

Please pass along my congrats to Beaver and the rest of the crew down there....and adjust your rear view mirror cus I'm gonna tailgate ya!

10. dirk

dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    Hey guys. I've asked JT to check this out at NAMM but you guys might know. What's the word on the Skyline 44-01? Dan Lakin told me it was in the works and due out this february.

Dirk

11. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Nothing has been announced to dealers regarding a 44-01 that I am aware of...will check with Dan tomorrow and report back.

12. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Congrats to Gard!

On the price increase... after my experience with my new Skyline JO 5, and having tried the $3,000+ US JO, I kind of expected that the Skyline JO prices would go up. but i guess not. it will be interesting to watch the market on these basses over the next few years.

13. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    The Skyline JO-5 does appear to be a real home run so far. Retail price of the USA JO-5 is now $3,900 as compared to the Skyline JO-5's retail price of $1,499.

14. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

dude
    Thomastic strings rock i have the power bass strings on my jack casady bass. I have a friend who works for connoly company

15. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    44-01 Update:

Just talked to Dan and the 44-01 will be available around March. It's a 4 string version of the 55-01 and will come in the Standard and Deluxe (quilt top) versions.

It will have the Bartolini MK-1 sopabars and preamp just as the 55-01.

Retail price on the 44-01 Standard is $950

Retail Price on the 44-01 Deluxe is $1,050

I'm sure it can also be upgraded to the USA NTMB preamp just as the 55-01 for a $300 retail upcharge.

16. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    It's now on the new price list at $1,450 retail ($100 more retail than the Skyline Glaub)

The only difference between this DD model and the Skyline Glaub is the gold adonized aluminum pickguard.