1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

USA made Peavey Grind?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Landsharks, Jan 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Landsharks

Landsharks

Jul 24, 2009
    Oxford, MS
    20180108_151519. 20180108_151801. 20180108_151805. Found this at a pawn shop today. To me, it looks like a USA Grind, but want some confirmation if anyone knows. There is just the Peavey logo on the headstock and nothing more, no serial number. There is a crack in the headstock, but it's not all the way through. I think some glue and clamps would fix it. Here are some pics. Appreciate any help, thanks. 20180108_151519. 20180108_151801. 20180108_151805.

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I don't recall Grinds with that pickup config and active electronics. Body shape seems different too. This has a finish too. All the Grinds I've seen had natural wood bodies. I'm no Peavey expert though. Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.

3. If it's still got a serial number on it you can email it to Peavey and they'll give you the info on it. I've done it for my old Deuce.

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    There are USA Grinds, and that looks like one. There was a thread on them a few years ago. USA Grinds are very rare. Towards the end of American production, it seems Peavey was throwing anything against the wall to see if it stuck.

DWBass likes this.
  5. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Yup it's a USA Peavey Grind. The first ones didn't say Grind on the headstock. The serial number was also a sticker on the back of the headstock rather than the normal pressed in Peavey SN. It could have been easily peeled off. Here is a page from the catalog showing that bass....
    full.
    Very good bass. If you can get it cheap, pick it up.

mech and Dr. Cheese like this.