1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale USA Musicman SUB Sterling bass.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by xhawk5, Jul 11, 2018.

1. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Price:
    $480
    Strings:
    Here's a pretty rare bass as the condition is Very Good/Excellent hence the rear neck paint wear and 1 ding by input jack. Some small headstock dings covered by a sharpie.
    The rear neck black paint can be further remover with Acetone, (nail polish remover). Under the black paint I can see flamed maple and, what seems like, a clear poly protectant. I'm leaving it alone for the new owner to decide what to do w/it.
    As is is now, it feels fine with a smooth feel, not sticky like gloss but more of a satin feel. The wear doesn't bother me, I actually like it with the naturally aged keys.

Everything on this bass is stock except for the pickup and strap pins. Stock pickup will be included in the sale but I believe you'll prefer the Seymour Duncan as I do. It sounds much more "Musical" than the stock pup IMO.

Neck: Maple/rosewood 1.5" nut
    Body: Select Poplar slab, no contours
    Electronics: Musicman stock 3 band EQ
    Pickup: Seymour Duncan SMB-4D
    Bridge: Musicman standard
    Keys: Aged nickel, stock, looks great!

Industrial "orange peel" black paint and "Diamond Plate" pickguard. Some ppl think the pg is cheesy but I love it and thing it completes the look!
    Weight: 9.5lbs

Bass plays effortlessly.

$625 $550 $480 shipped in a gig bag. Con US only (1/2 the price of a Sterling Classic)

PAYPAL ONLY, NO TRADES

IMG_3725.JPG IMG_3723.JPG IMG_3726.JPG IMG_3727.JPG IMG_3858.JPG IMG_3823.JPG IMG_3822.JPG IMG_3819.JPG IMG_3818.JPG IMG_3814.JPG IMG_3810.JPG IMG_3805.JPG IMG_3801.JPG

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018 at 7:15 AM
  2. I had the pleasure of owning this A year. The neck feels great, the preamp is pretty special as it’s A stingray 3 band EQ but in A sterling. Very cool bass.

3. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Thanks. I really dig it but can't get used to the single pickup. I guess I just prefer 2 pickups. (I certainly miss the blend)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    johnp352 likes this.
  4. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    No offers... Boo, hiss!! Cheapskates! ;)

nateh415 and eadg98005 like this.
  5. Nice!

xhawk5 likes this.
  6. I have a regular EBMM SUB and they sound so Beefy and strong.
    They are built like tanks!
    GLWS!!!

xhawk5 likes this.
  7. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Lowered to $550 Cmon if you've been interested...

Mike Sorr likes this.
  8. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    $480 Shipped

lowdownthump likes this.