Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

USA P-bass, Mesa, EBS, Pandora, Ibanez Axstar

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by junglebike, Jan 5, 2004.

1. junglebike

junglebike Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Here's what's left in the great "help Junglebike pay for the upright bass he bought" sale of 2004

Epifani 2x12: sold

2001 USA Fender P-bass, sunburst with a tort pickguard and an almost-brand-new Warmoth Jazz rosewood/maple neck. Comes with original white pickguard (stickers still on it), gold anodized pickguard, and stock SKB hard case. Pics below. Beautiful!!! Never thought I'd sell this... $550

Mesa Boogie Buster 200W all-tube head. Freshly re-tubed with JJ's. Lightest all-tube head around! Sounds fantastic! pics below. $550

EBS 4x10, battered from years of touring with the Headhunters (unfortunately not by me:rolleyes: ). Missing 2 drivers, cosmetically fair. I'd love to have a SoCal buyer for this baby... pics below $225

Korg Pandora PXB-3. Mint, with box, manual. I'll throw in a radio shack RC car battery and charger that'll power it for days. $165

Ibanez Axstar: sold

No trades! Shipping not included. These are off to e-bay soon. PM or e-mail is fine!

2. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

damn, no trades :( I want the Pandora but I'm broke. Wish??

3. Pics of the Axstar? I've been looking for a headless to play in my cramped dorm room.

4. junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    here's a p-bass pic

5. junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    and one of the Mesa

6. junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    oops... Mesa again...

7. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
    Hey Junglebike -- How've you been? Some questions on that P-Bass:

1. How would you describe the tone? I love my ash bodied P but it has a fairly aggressive tone. I might be interested in acquiring a P bass with a more traditional, mellower tone to add to my collection.

2. What's the weight of the bass (approximate is fine.)

Hey. I might be interested. After all, I already have the original neck. :)

8. junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Hey! Nice to hear from you again.

1. I have Fender flatwounds on the bass right now, and it has, to my ears, a pretty traditional P-bass tone. I'm worried about getting more detailed in my description because tone is so subjective, and I'm not a P-bass expert. My "ideal" P-bass tone is George Porter from the Meters. This bass hits it pretty much dead on, in my opinion.

2. The bass is a touch heavier now with the Warmoth neck -- a set of lightweight tuners would easily make up the difference though. I'd call it a medium weight bass now. If I can find a scale I'll give you a number. I've played a lot of P-basses though, and some are very heavy, some quite light. I doubt anyone would pick this one up and say it's at all a heavy bass (I had a T-40 once! Ouch!).

Hope this helps! The body's just as good as the neck you already have. I'm playing 95% fretless and upright now that I've quit my latin/reggae band. Good Lord, uprights are expensive... otherwise I'd keep it.

9. junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    In case anyone's still interested, the Pandora, P-bass, and Mesa are up on e-bay.... I'm junglebike there too.

10. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    What happened to the original neck from the MIA P?

For sale if you still have it?

11. junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Actually Robert B (three posts up) has the original neck;)