1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

USA Peavey Cirrus 5 for Spector Euro LX5 = fair trade?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ben Johnson, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Johnson

Ben Johnson Unapologetic Guitarist

May 2, 2006
    Chicago
    :meh:

2. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Absolutely.
    I own both basses (although the Cirrus is a 4) and they`re in the same league. Some people will surely prefer one over the other but they`re definitely comparable, IMHO

For example, I prefer the body ergonomics, overall look, and midrange voicing of the Spector and the playability, neck profile and electronics of the Cirrus.

3. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Playability, sound and construction wise they sure are. Depending on the woods used for the Cirrus though, the Spector is probably worth more on the used market. I have two, and I wouldn't expect to get more than $750-$800 for my Walnut/Walnut Cirrus eventhough its a great bass. The market just isn't there.

4. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    That`s right. Spectors have better resale value and it`s important issue if you consider selling it later.

5. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Thats a good deal imo. Spector basses are awesome, and it sounds like you'll be getting a good one!

6. Ben Johnson

May 2, 2006
    Chicago
    Actually this was just a feeler to see if I won't be ridiculed when I post a thread in the classifieds.:)

7. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    you want the ridicule before the post?

8. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Wouldn't you also need a supporting membership to post such a thread? Your verging on a rule violation.

9. bassic_element

bassic_element

Sep 20, 2006
    But he just wants to be sure if it's a fair trade or not! He is not trying to actually trade it, is he?

10. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    I can't speak about the Cirrus however i can say that Spectors are really nice pieces and what was said above about re sale is true.

I hope this gives you a better idea in case you decide to do the trade.

11. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    I don't think he was trying to sell/trade but to get an idea if it was fair or not.

12. Ben Johnson

May 2, 2006
    Chicago
    Sorry, I didn't know I was bending any rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.