1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD USA Peavey Cirrus Ruby Red - Excellent Cond w OHSC - Must See!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Quadzilla, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    NO TRADES PLEASE

Just purchased the below and a few days after I bought her, a deal came up on a custom Brubaker that I couldn't pass up. I already have another USA Cirrus, so one of them has to go. Of the two I have, the one I just bought (below) is in better condition and as a result, will likely sell faster. It plays and sounds great. Low action and feel pretty light.

Here is the description from the previous owner which is accurate:

"This is a used Ruby Red Peavey Cirrus that I purchased back on 06/14/10 it is in the same condition as I received it. The condition is very good condition except for 2 issues. The gold tuners are pitted and tarnished and there is a white mark on the top of head stock. You can see these issues in the photos provided other than that I cannot find any marks on the bass itself.

This is another sad story of a bass that has been in the case for most of its time that I have owned it. The pictures do not do the bass justice it looks awesome in person and the flame top just pops. Just for the record the electronics and pickups work and this bass has BADASS tone like all Peavey Cirrus basses do. The bass comes with the original Peavey hard-shell case."

I'll add that there is a little bit of clear-coat peel on the fret board edge down by the body (see pic). It's strictly cosmetic.

The case is also in great shape. Keys are included.

Shipping to east of the Mississippi is included in the asking price (add an additional $25 for west of the big river) and no trades please. PayPal only for payment and I ship in the U.S. only.

2_zps2pih9kk6.

5_zpsxcbtetnp.

3_zps1olyhlft.

6_zpsg72y3gii.

1_zpsltkysuxy.

4_zps3dqipvrg.

15_zpslkzup9kp.

11_zps8orhsbtm.

7_zpswtcmriit.

14_zpsmmxepkdy.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  2. ScarfFace

ScarfFace Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2014
    La Crosse WI
    Oh man! I miss my old Cirrus so much!

3. Buszkock

Buszkock

Dec 13, 2015
    New York
    What are the necks like on these instruments? I've never had an opportunity to play one but I hear so many good things about these basses.

4. Quadzilla

Very nice actually. Think of a Jazz neck, with a flatter radius, slightly slimmer near the body with a satin finish on the back. That's my opinion anyway...

5. PM sent

6. Quadzilla

Sorry, sold.

7. No prob. Whoever bought it, reach out to me if you decide to sell. :)
    I'd love a 4banger red cirrus. Thanks, aj

8. I'm still kicking myself for missing this. Twas the first bass I ever owned & was hoping to get back. Seriously, if who bought it is ever interested in parting with it, let me know. Ruby Red cirrus all day long! :)

9. Quadzilla

I personally know the new owner and will let him know.

10. Thanks much brother!