1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

USA vs Europe Ryder Cup starts now !

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bruce Lindfield, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

OK - so I'm looking forward to watching this - most Golf is fairly dull as who cares who wins really?

But in this , you can root for "your side" and get more involved in the whole event and it gets very exciting towards the end especially!

I wondered who else on both sides of the pond will be watching and how you think it will go?

Will the partisan crowds have an influence or will Europe's greater experience count for more?

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Meh, watching golf is like watching grass grow with annoying people in bad trousers getting in the way of the action. :)

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Normally I agree - but the team competition adds spice and it's always good to see Europe beat the USA!! ;)

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Again and again and again.

5. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    Endorsing Artist: Crook Custom Guitars
    Since you 4 from "across the pond" posted 1st, I'm compelled to be the first to root for the underdogs.......Go USA!:D

6. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    In all fairness, it would be worth the USA winning just to see the smugness wipped off Bruce's :meh:

7. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    Since I don't really know Bruce, I'll just say it would be good to see the USA win "just because". :cool:

8. No Tiger Woods, no USA victory, I'm 'fraid.

Love to be proved wrong though!

9. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    I'm not so sure that Tiger's presence would guarantee a victory.............actually, his Ryder Cup record is not very good, something like 10-13-2 if I remember correctly.

And yes, I am a Tiger fan. :bag:

10. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I'm watching. US will destroy.

11. Bruce Lindfield

Europe started very well - but the USA are coming back - Mickelson playing very well!! :(

Looks nice in HD! :)

12. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I'm a big Mickelson fan being that I play left handed too.

13. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    After the first 4 matches:

USA 3
    Europe 1

A great start, but still a LONG way to go!

14. Bruce Lindfield

Europe's coming back though...?

15. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    The Ryder Cup doesn't involve riding something?

16. Despite our uppity first day, I'd like to go ahead and congratulate Europe on their victory. You guys win. Again. We're not good at this and we're not sure why. See you next year when we think that adding Tiger will somehow change the results in a way it hasn't before.

Mike

17. At my house it does, but we're a festive bunch.

Mike

18. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    At the end of day 1:

USA 5 1/2
    Europe 2 1/2

That's promising, but still lots of golf to be played.

19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I saw some great golf today, and some not so great golf. All in all, it was worth the times I set aside for it.

I'm not so much drawn into the "Go USA" aspect, I just like to watch good golf.

-Mike

20. johnpaulbass

johnpaulbass

Nov 2, 2005
    Slovenia
    go Europe :D:D:D

:hyper: