Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

USA vs. Germany...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JMX, Oct 3, 2003.

1. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    ...in the women's soccer world cup semis - your bets?

I bet 3:1 for Germany. The team has a great run (7:1 against russia, 6:1 against Argentina, 3:0 against Japan and 4:1 against Kanada) and Birgit Prinz is the top shooter of the tournament so far.

2. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Germany. I don't know much about Women's football except for the fact that Ronaldo's wife is playing for the Brazilian national team. I picked Germany simply because I've been rooting for them(men's) since the 1990 World Cup.

3. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
  4. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Is it necessary to remind me that?:bawl:

Germany will be the winner.

5. Kevin V

Kevin V

Mar 12, 2003
    Union, New Jersey
    The US played like they were afraid to lose. They were nervous around the ball, especially in front of net. They needed to calm down and to rely more on their ball movement and posession. Germany was too good with the 1v1 battles.

Germany played well. They got an early goal, played defensively, and counter-attacked when it was on. Great goalkeeping by Rottenberg.

Germany should easily beat Sweden, but who knows...

P.S.- Does anyone feel that the level of play at last Women's World Cup was higher? This year's games seem kind of slow.

6. JMX almost nailed the score... he said 3-1 and it was 3-0.

The bad thing is: now that the US team won't win, the WUSA league is REALLY OVER.

My take is Germany will thrash Sweden in the final.

Note to Airsick pilot: I understand Ronaldo and his (ex)wife have split. She did however remain in Madrid to play for Rayo Vallecano.

7. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    When did they split? I could have sworn I watched a programme on television, leading up to the current ongoing World Cup(Women's) and she was being interviewed and she was talking about not wanting her husband to come over and watch her play because he'd give her stick if she were to screw up. :confused: