1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. Because Photobucket has chosen to in effect "take down" everyone's photos (unless you pay them), we have extended post edit time in the Luthier's Corner to UNLIMITED.  If you used photobucket and happen to still have your images of builds, you can go back and fix as many of your posts as far back as you wish.

Note that TalkBass will host unlimited attachments for you, all the time, for free ;)  Just hit that "Upload a File" button.  You are also free to use our Media Gallery if you want a place to create albums, organize photos, etc :)

usacg jazz 5 pot's

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by bryan2112, Aug 25, 2004.

1. i just got my 5 string jazz going at usacg so i need to start getting the inards for this thing ordered. it's going to be the traditional v/v/t passive setup. i'm using dimarzio ultra jazz 5 pickups but i'm not sure about the pots. 250k? 500k? is it a matter of output preference? do i need to order a capacitor?
    is there a special input jack for jazz basses when it's on the control plate. (front of body, not side)

let me try to get some of the answers to questions i think may come up...

alder body
    maple neck/board
    badass v bridge

i'm looking to get *kind of* my old fender geddy lee model vibe. i'm not expecting it to be the same tone but somewhere in the ballpark.

thanks for any help you guys/gals can give! :D

furio

p.s. please feel free to answer like you're talking to a child because while i am almost 30, i have nooooo idea about this sort of thing. lol

2. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Do you know what pups & pre you'll be using? The bartolini pre I got from Brian over at BestBassGear came pre-wired WITH appropriate pots.

3. ok, i did some research and found some pdf files for fender standard jazz 5 basses. (i know, i should have done this before!)

250k audio pots (3)
    .05uf capacitor (1)

this sound like the winning setup?

4. hey brother! diamrzio ultra jazz 5 pickups and passive electronics.

5. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Shoot Brian an email. He carries 'em.

6. thank you sir. :)