Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

usb2/firewire -> lightpipe

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by awesome, Dec 6, 2002.

1. awesome

awesome

Aug 14, 2002
    Belgium
    I was wondering if there exists something like a audio interface with ADAT-in/out which you can connect to a laptop via firewire or usb2.
    Anyone?

2. There is the new DigiDesign Digi002 and there is the Motu 828 and Motu 896

3. awesome

awesome

Aug 14, 2002
    Belgium
    The motu 828 looks interesting, although a bit expensive. The other two cost way too much.

I'm looking for something more like the m-audio 'usb audio duo', usb 2-channel interface, but with the possibility to add extra ADC's....and if possible not too costly.

I've been looking at the tascam us224 and 428 aswell. Has anyone ever used them? Comments?
    The us428 records 4 and plays back 2 channels, can USB handle this?

4. As far as USB 1 is concerned, i'm not really a big fan. I would say that if you were to wnat to record just one track at a time, you should be fine, but otherwise i don't think that i would personally recommend it.

5. awesome

awesome

Aug 14, 2002
    Belgium
    2 channels shouldn't be a problem, right?

(It's the transport controls and faders on the tascam that make it interesting, there's no problem combining it with a 8-channel firewire interface, is there?)

6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    http://www.rme-audio.de/english/hdsp/digifa.htm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

to use this with your laptop you need this:

[​IMG]

http://www.rme-audio.de/english/hdsp/cardpci.htm

7. awesome

awesome

Aug 14, 2002
    Belgium
    RME makes nice gear, but the reason I'm asking for firewire or usb2 interfaces is because I'm interested in this.

2GHZ, 256 DDR, 1 firewire, 4 usb2.0, no pc-card.

Also, what do you think about the laptop? I'm a bit concerned with the processor, not being a mobile. Price is 1400 €, so I have to sell my desktop for it...worth it?